Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjecthmmmmm
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=25320&mesg_id=25401
25401, hmmmmm
Posted by RamXL, Fri Mar-31-00 04:13 AM
this is all quite disturbin.....yall will make statements like...

"i dont like the soulquarians",
"LWFC is boring",
"Voodoo is repetitive",
"LWFC sounds like the Roots"....and those that makes these statements, EACH AND EVERY SINGLE EFFIN time, anyone, from quest to any other player challenges your statement, people do the "ad homenim" (makin your opinion what is right and wrong.....if i think it, it must be true) that shit is wack, and is called informal logic, and goes no where in a debate

....its like saying, well i dont support the death penalty cause i feel its mean....LIKE WTF...come to the hole with your best shit, or expect to be the cat in the poster that got dunked on........

i dunno, it seems like yall are pickin at straws, understand that the Soulquarians are replayin breaks, and doin loops, durin a time, when that shit is not possible due to samplin laws.(see above)...ahmir told me this after a Roots show, when i asked him about his cynicsm at the end of "TRCA" "due to the asanine wall street esque samplin laws.....)....that shit boggled my mind....and make me mad effin sad.....yall wonder why hip-hop is dead...hmm...like Ego Trip said, "cant kill somethin thats already dead"
but where do we go from here?!....give up.....sorry yall, im a taurus, but even i find myself wantin to give up on this shit and listen to the classics........but....when you hear an album like "LWFC" it gives you that feelin that there may be a whisper in a loud ass genre....and we wanna amplify that whisper...well at least i do......

so where do we go....."EW WHERE IS NO ID...BLAH BLAH BLAH" i love noid and dug inf more than anyone, i was listenin to "res..." the other day, and you simply cant make a song like "chapter 13..." nowadays...so do you give up, or go back pick up instruments, and do that shit for yourself?

....dont yall find it mad effin interesting that ali sha, jay, tip, pete rock, etc are learnin how to play instruments, even primo on each new track, addin a new instrument,

on J-Live's "best part" the flute

on "mathematics", the nasty guitar

on "sixth sense", the flute and bass combined...

....trailblazers dont complain, they take what they have and make classic shit. So why is when the soulqarians do the same shit...it becomes...."not hiphop"....if yall have a personal difference with the album, dont go makin general statements about what very very little is left with hip-hop music!

One Love
RamXL
(beat junkie)

"I think that the isolation mentality in hip hop, which comes from the thug mentality, and which comes from the capitalist mentality, is tearing apart the fabric of the community" Bobbito

"People have no idea of what responsibility they have when they are making music and how it affects people" Bobbito