Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectHmm...I missed that...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=25320&mesg_id=25383
25383, Hmm...I missed that...
Posted by spirit, Fri Apr-07-00 08:42 PM
>Damn ?uest....you are speaking truth.
>Especially when you said..."all of
>cash money is keyboards yet
>i hear no bitching. so
>cats on that hating shit
>can suck my dick."

Hmm...I missed that. I gotta say, Quest's argument here gets weak, because it's not the choice of instrument, it's the style of composition. Piano can be in two different compositions and the result can range from pleasing to the ear to annoying as fuck, depending on how the sounds are arranged. I say that to point out that clearly CMR's use of keyboards is different from the Soulquarians. That should be patently obvious to anyone who casually listens to the two camps.

Similarly, a casual listen to the production on "resurrection" and "like water..." will rveeal differences even to the untrained ear...depending on your musical tastes, I think you will naturally favor one or the other.

All that said, I like "Like Water...". The main beef I can see in what people don't like is the sonic difference b/t LWFC and "resurrection", b/c I know people who had some gripes with "one day..." (b/c they were expecting "resurrection pt II"). it's obvious com will keep moving, with every album changing in style/vibe...

Spread love,

Spirit
www.theamphibians.com

DC folks, watch Flo Brown on "Spread Love", Monday April 10th, 10:30pm, Channel 25 District Cablevision or Channel 10 Starpower (re-airs that Friday at 9:30). It's my video show.

Peep Jaguar the week of April 16th (same time as above Monday and Friday).

get the idea? the show airs twice a week, mondays and fridays. peep game. ;-)

SUPPORT DEAD PREZ, ALBUM IN STORES NOW!!