Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectkev.....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=25320&mesg_id=25358
25358, kev.....
Posted by qoolquest, Sat Apr-01-00 07:26 AM
looka here partna. look when i posted them jawns. look when you posted your jawn. my shit was up before yours so why are you taking this all personal? like i was talking to you. if you read my post i said to each his own. but don't think that imma just sit here and not defend my work. there is a lot of good shit that dosn't tickle my fancy

bruce spring..
most greek literature
rice cakes
the thought of letting a record store pass me by unscathed. i can name millions of good things that don't appeal to me.

but i can respect some shit. sheeeeit gimme a black tail over newsweek any day.

okay that went far. but when there is something i don't like in music (prime example: hated playing stravinski's "rites of spring" in college) i can either dismiss it. shrug it off. or investigate. i chose the latter. sure enough i found out that money was the bomb squad of his day. niggas hated his ass. when he debuted that peice they has a riot in the theater (not saying violence appeals to me.....but because he phrased his chords and voiceings different, they rebelled.)

im not comparing myself to him, just saying that i took the time out to do the knowledge on a cat who before class i had 0 interest in.

now if you think that lwfc is bad. as in horrible. as in the musicians can't play, as in com can't rhyme. then that's a whole nother thread.

but i can assume that this isn't the case. (it took me 4 years to accept J BEEZ WITH THE REMEDY) look i'm cool with y'all not diggin it. but i think that y'all at least owe me a reason why you don't dig it. and i don't accept "it sounds like the roots" or "the same" or whatever.

i play instruments, i don't make them. and all of a sudden imma catch a bad one cause a handful of albums have the same instruments?

think about it. 99% of radio is all repetitive yet some are ready to say "i've heard this before". primo uses the same "funky president" snare since "superstar" and yet and still "this sounds like a roots album"....."i used to love h.e.r." has crack snares, rhodes, and bass. "ressurection" same thing (piano instead of rhodes.) but yet and still "this sonds like...."

and yes kev, if com's non basketball playing ass can breakdown to lil old me why vince cater can be a hero in about 4 seasons, then i expect you to back up what you speak. it's like a cop not having a reason for pulling me over. and if you don't know "tech terms" (for the future, not being smart either) don't go around life blind on some chris rock ish ("i don't know that shit!!!")
you don't have to be a musician to express a like or a disdain.

THE SOULQUARIANS
chewy (quest).....jan
luke (d)........feb
lando (jaydee)......feb
cp30 (james poyser).....jan
r2d2 (jazzy jeff)......jan
hans (chaos)........jan
anakin (lil mike)......feb

honorary members:
kelo- soulacorn.......jan
common- soulcies......march
erykah- soulcies......feb
zack- soulicorn.......feb

(AFTER SEEING MY PERFORMANCE FOR THE FIRST TIME, MY IDOL STEVE FERRONE EMAILED ME THIS LETTER.....)

Opening fill from "person to person". ....... $100.00
Cute fill betwween hi hat, bass drum and snare ....... $1500.00
Horn line from "Love Your Life" ..... $10,000.35
Breakfast with Ferrone.... Gratis

The reason you are being charged for the horn line is that it was probably your idea to use it!

You da man! Great show! Really nice pocket! Call or e-mail sometime, and take care out there.
818-***-****

God Bless,

Stephen Ferrone.