Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: wanna know why? i'll tell you why......
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=25320&mesg_id=25352
25352, RE: wanna know why? i'll tell you why......
Posted by guest, Thu Mar-30-00 07:14 PM
I am Feelin you Quest. I really do not understand how people can be hating on Common or D'Angelo's new albums. I respect you guys so much for bringing live insturmentation into today's hip hop. Im tired of so many sampled loop crap, that is what is really repetetive. Com's new joint is amazing, I feel it is his best overall work, although It does'nt have a song like Retrospect and (damn I forgot the name of that song with Cee-Lo about religion) but ya'll know what I am talking about. The Lyrics are real and the beats are beautiful, I am especially feeling 6th Sense, The Light, Dooinit, Cold Blooded, The ?'s, Ghetto Heaven, and Song For Assata. As for D'Angelo's album Im feeling the movement it is taking R&B into, I do miss the lack of quality Melodies, with the exception of a few songs, but overall I love it. I just hope He mixes it up on the next album with a little bit of that shit, plus Some Stevie feeling shit, and some futuristic soul shit. I wish I could hook up with you guys, Im a writer and I have a great feel for music but I do not play insturments, Quest, Common or Anyone that gets on here and reads this, look me up for real, id love to see an email from one of yall if you get time, I can write you something an email it to yall if youd like, if not Ill keep feelin your shit. Thanks, Greg