Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: wanna know why? i'll tell you why......
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=25320&mesg_id=25322
25322, RE: wanna know why? i'll tell you why......
Posted by guest, Thu Mar-30-00 04:02 PM
it's not about sampling vs. playing

it's about getting bored with an album.
all of you are talented. that's why i am so upset.
you look up to some of the greatest musicians and singers ever, but your recent work (lwfc+voodoo) isn't close to being as great as a prince or curtis mayfeild or joni mitchel album.

your music is funky but it ain't taking us no where. every roots album was a break through album. now your argument why your fans are starting to turn away is because we don't understand the music buisness?

we hate because we hate the fact that you play live instruments?

get real. that's the reason why we fell in love with the roots. that's reason why lauryn and clef and mos and common started performing with bands.

i'm a idiot because lwfc didn't move me?
i need to suck your dick because voodoo was repetitive and boring?

i'm just saying this because i need attention?

quest and everyone else who believe my bad response to these albums is because i don't appreciate music or i'm just talking to cause a ruckus need to wake up!

fuck yall! that argument is bullshit! i'm not saying that everyone should hate these two new releases. the music is good, but the sound is repetive and not very innovative. and i'm not the only one who feels this way about the two albums.

and that is the reason why i think quest is so pissed off. because he is in the hot seat. he's starting to get valid criticism and doesn't know what to do about it.

and mos need to stop bitching? ha! mos album was alot more innovative than common's and d'angelo's.
if he would have worked out more and stripped down but naked in the umi says video maybe you would be willing to give him more time on the tour!

-bigbadhanks