Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: don't get me wrong
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=25256&mesg_id=25268
25268, RE: don't get me wrong
Posted by Mpozi, Sun Apr-09-00 01:34 PM
mos def, yo....

i appreciate your input into the general discussion of musical progress... i would never mistake honest musings for hating... i'm one of those psychos whose spent way to much time behind a camera out in the field somewhere by myself... so i've had plenty of time to create arguements and counter arguements about all types of stuff to a)keep myself occupied and b) be prepared to throw down when i come up against opposition... that digression aside, i don't really beleive in he concept of "hating"... so don't stress havin to clarify yourself... i think open discussion is a wonderful thing...

i think the jay-z bling bling vibe comes from a certain perspective that the roots don't neccessarily possess... and at the same time, they have enough of a world view to be able to co-exist with such artists without using them as the sole reason for their existance (meaning, they can get along without constantly saying that WE AINT THEM. or look at what happened to left wing protest groups when reagen/bush era ended- with no "bogeyman", it's hard to rally the people)... so i think the success of peeps from the "Next Movement" will continue without the "wait till i see you next nigga" you dissed us vibe... the music will exist even if its just a couple cats groovin in a basement again...

but for real, speak your mind... hatin is more perception than reality...

PoZi (;=