Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: future of the roots???
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=25256&mesg_id=25258
25258, RE: future of the roots???
Posted by Mpozi, Sun Apr-09-00 10:01 AM
I don't understand why the slightest modicum of noteriety has to automatically mean a "sell out"... especially when a person or group has an established and long standing history of integrity (and the resulting adversity to back it up)... i understand what your saying about the "non-roots fans" clouding up shows and "diluting" the vibe, but thats a dangerous angle to start on... technically, unless you been at South & Fitzwater on more than one saturday, your one of those people yourself. but for us, who are just damn happy the group is still together, the original vibe of inclusiveness still prevails... as commercial as some hip-hop is (which would make it seem like "we the people next door, that's why you wanna hear our sounds) it's all about bein' exclusive from everybody else (i got money, you don't, i got females, you don't etc)... the philly vibe is all about yo, this is us, and we gonna take it to wherever it goes...

PoZi (;=