Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectYou wanna know the truth
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=25169&mesg_id=25178
25178, You wanna know the truth
Posted by MrBastard, Tue Apr-11-00 07:02 AM
Boyz II Men's crash and burn has more to do with misguided Motown/Uni/AOL Records than some kind of racist conspiracy.

Also--can you name a song from Boyz 2 Men's last album? Can you hum a few bars? No.

Let me preface by saying that I am harder or just as hard as many rappers today. Revoke my ghetto pass, call me "Carlton" from Fresh Prince, but "Quit Playing Games With My Heart" and "I Want It That Way" are fucking fantastic songs. Sure, it's no better than New Kids or (to a lesser extent) Color Me Badd, but you can't resist their inductive powers. Yes, some of you have the songs in your head right now, just because I mentioned it. You too, quest. And it will play in your heads for the rest of the day, and for that, some of you will want to kill me (if not yourselves). But deep inside, you know I am right.

Boyz II Men haven't done this since "On Bended Knee", and their attempts to sound like 112 instead of themselves on their last tape didn't help.

If BIIMen wanna make great records, then they need to get back w/Face or Jimmy&Terry. If they want to make money, they need to get Diane Warren or Richard Marx to write some empty, sugary shit with an irresistible hook as well as get rid of the razor bumps.

MrB