Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectyall need to step into REALITY
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=25019&mesg_id=25072
25072, yall need to step into REALITY
Posted by yosh, Wed Apr-05-00 05:59 AM
everyone who is comparing COM's soundscan debut to NSYNC, or thinking that com selling 72,000 records is a disappointment is on CRACK!!! we all here are fans of com sense, and the roots, but take a glimpse into reality!!! first off Common tripled the first weeks sales of his last album, which is amazing. second, he has little airplay on the current single, and the airplay he does have is on only urban radio stations, no crossover or pop stations are touching his records. NSync's first single has been number one as far as radio play goes for 4 weeks and counting. Then there's video airplay. Common is on BET and the BOX, and guess what, those outlets do NOT move units!! its all about MTV, and com gets no love from MTV. basically, this album is incredible, but it isnt the type of record i listen to and think "wow this will sell 4 million copies". lets all keep the buzz going on this record on the streets, but if com and the record company want to go gold, the only way it will happen is single number 2 FEATURING DANGELO(who sold 33K this week, his _10th_ week out).

"Drink Listerine, brush my teeth with amphetamine
So I can sound fresh and say dope things in between" -Ras Kass