Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Bilal Sux, Stop Biting D Dammit
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=24820&mesg_id=24842
24842, RE: Bilal Sux, Stop Biting D Dammit
Posted by bdub19, Fri Apr-21-00 05:38 AM
Yo on the real. That shit during Common's interlude was Bilal? It was tight. Bilal is, compared to other singers good,but he still sounds like D' Angelo. You can argue with me on this subject all you want, but I refuse to change my opinion. The problem is many okayplayers are so preoccupied with okay artist they refuse to admit it. Has Common,or the Roots, ever done a song you totally not felt. Im not talking about its alright but im not feeling it. Im talking about "EWWW THAT SHIT IS GARBAGE WHAT THE FUCK WAS ON THERE MIND IN THE STUDIO." If you said no then Your Fucking Lying. I love Roots and Com but to say that I enjoy all their work 100 Percent of the time is bullshit. Chances are your some of you are scared or maybe too stupid to voice your opinion. Sometimes I think when someone like Questlove, Common, or whoever on Okayplayer tells about a new artist your opinions are already set. "IF THE ROOTS LIKE HIM THEN I WILL TOO." It seems to be the mindset of some of you. See it from my perspective sometimes. The first ten seconds of that Bilal song did sound like d' Angelo I think every single one of you can agree on that. However my mindset still carries this opinion when the song is over, yours doesn't. Every Fucking time I voice my opinion Im the bad hating motherfucking. Fuck all you that feel this way Im not hating alright. Its an overused word that gets on my fucking nerves. Im in the lab with a pen and a pad writing shit for my album. I don't give a shit what you got, their ain't time for me to hate so if I say sumthing sux I mean it. No envy or jealously is involved so get off my dick. I get so disgusted when people come over to me blasting me cause of how I feel. Chances are you just want to kiss Quest's ass everytime he appears on the fucking boards by going with what he feels. FUCKING INTERNET GROUPIE. THat will now be my term for some of you INTERNET GROUPIES.