Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectBilal Sux, Stop Biting D Dammit
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=24820&mesg_id=24820
24820, Bilal Sux, Stop Biting D Dammit
Posted by bdub19, Fri Apr-21-00 01:22 AM
Im just going to come out the woodworks, and say Bilal sounds like D'Angelo. Fuck your bullshit perception of me "hatin." Some of ya'll motherfuckers need to add a g to it, and kiss my ass if you got a problem. I can honestly say Bilal sounds like D it isn't an attempt to be funny. Yes I know I will get shunned by alot of people but do I give I shit? Your answer is no I don't. I know D' Angelo is a blueprint for this neo soul movement, but why must everyone bite his dick nah what I mean. Maxwell sounds original. So does Eric Benet (if you consider him in this movement). oh and Rasaahn Peterson. SO where is the problem? There it is only three people that sound different than D' Angelo. You know the weird part though none of the females sound a like. People like Erykah, Angie Stone, Les Nubias. Notice all this D' Angelo biting came after Brown SUgar. Now that he has released Voodoo I hate to think that some record company has some half ass singer prancin around with clothes off and release an album to get some weak D'Angelo fan fare. Thats my two cents fuck off if ya got a problem with it.