Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectBlacks as a people need to Wake up!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=24637&mesg_id=24668
24668, Blacks as a people need to Wake up!!!
Posted by MetaFakta, Wed Apr-19-00 11:49 PM
Hell Yeah, all the underground concerts have majority white or Asian, which is cool. Music don't have no true color scheme, but It's just sad
as hell most black folk support the commercial sides of things. Yo that cat earlier said most of us aren't educated enough to understand. That should tell us all something right there.Are we as a people afraid to THINK?! I have to defend what I listen to too. My boys always give me shit about listening to hip hop with substance. I tell them it keeps my mind working. that Cash money, Jiggy shit doesn't challenge the mind at all. I listen to Com, Black Star, The Roots, Hiero, Dilated, WuTang, Yo it keeps a brotha mentally sharp. With most of my people drowning in Shallow water, I ain't drowning with them. Don't they realize somebody's DEEP thoughts got us in this situation in the first place. It's gone take some DEEP thought to get us out. I ain't tellin nobody what to like, but black people are lost, and underground hip-hop is one of the outlets of the matrix of ignorance. Wake the Fuck Up

MetaFakta
B-sides.com
Southside Chicago