Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectYo
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=24637&mesg_id=24657
24657, Yo
Posted by MetaFakta, Fri Apr-21-00 11:23 PM
I feelin Matt on the love aspect of it all. I have to admit that this culture is bringing a lot of different races of people all over the world together and that's lovely, truely lovely. However
It's just really sad that most black people look down on the underground and don't realize most of these "commercial" cats came from that. That's where they had to prove their skills. Now some of these cats is skippin that. I know mad peeps in the underground where I live who should be signed.
you see the most creativity in the underground. Commericial is too redundant and Mcdonaldlized for me. I was told that the music I listen too was Alternative Hip-Hop. I tried to explain to my friends that if it wasn't for underground a lot of these cats wouldn't be holding mic's gettin Scratch from millions of record sales. Anyway, it's just sad that the art of it all is not respected by my people. They don't even know the four elements and don't give a shit. They feel if it don't make dollars it don't make sense, which is fucked up. Motherfuckaz souls are spinning the a green tornado and they enjoying the ride. Sure Black are doing much better now, but disowning the underground as far as hip hop is like forgetting black people originate from Africa. Damn.....

Lord Help us

MetaFakta
B-sides.com
Southside Chicago