Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: i think.....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=24637&mesg_id=24639
24639, RE: i think.....
Posted by guest, Wed Apr-19-00 02:04 PM
that's bullshit.

"are black people supporting hip-hop?" is a valid question.

i think black people do support hip-hop but only the hip-hop that moves them. the shit that they can relate to just like anybody else.

if you go to a cash money show or a ruff ryders or jay-z show you will see more black people.

at common shows you won't find blacks to out number the whites because of the talented tenth theory.

i'm a bastard when it comes to black history but i believe that dubois said that the talented 10% of black people were to lead the rest to freedom or revolution or equality. i find the problem with this is that the tenth will either abandone the other 90% or will forget how to talk to them. won't beable to move them cause they don't know how to relate.

this is what's happenning to common and and mos and others. they are on a higher intellectual level than the average black man and not just black people but white people too.

they don't sell millions because ignorant shallow white folk bumpcash money, and they don't have alot of black support because alot of black people haven't had the education to beable to understand them, and the ones who can understand may not care because the new world water problem and assata shakur are the last things on there mind. they got family to take care of money to get and jay-z's ice is represents there goal more than common's kufi(sp.?).

-bigbadhanks

"i believe man made god out of ignorance and fear if god made man then why the hell would he put us here"
-dead prez