Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: hell yeah, he is...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=24591&mesg_id=24597
24597, RE: hell yeah, he is...
Posted by guest, Sat Apr-22-00 02:09 PM
>...as for the eminem thing... i
>like the muhfucka... it's funny...
>jay-z can rap about killin'
>and fuckin' and killin' and
>drugs and fuckin' and drugs
>and midgets and llamas and
>whatever other things are bad
>and evil in this world...
>and people still praise him
>as a lyrical deity (not
>all of us, otherwise we
>wouldn't have all those "jay-z
>sux" posts on the boards)...
>but eminem comes spittin' the
>same type of negative isht
>and everyone's like "oh, he's
>got no talent"... or, in
>aaron's words "he's the lyrical
>equivalent of hot smelly ass"...
Since Aaron didn't just say that Eminem sucked, but that 90% of all rappers suck, I think it's more likely than not that he thinks Jay-Z sucks, too. Sidenote: I don't think anyone should complain about someone who raps about "fucking", cause y'know, that's just sex, but you actually can't compare any of the rest of Jay-Z's content with Em's, IMO. There's a vast differnece between "KIM" and "Bonnie and Clyde" vs. "Money Cash Hoes" and "Paper Chase". And he really dosen't talk about killing very often, either. He talks about drugs a lot. And he does songs about his conscience too, which Em never does. I mention all this because unlike you, I think Em gets away with a lot material because he is white. But that's another issue, I guess.

"oh, he's a culture
>thief"... HOW????? he's not claiming
>that he invented hip hop...
>the man apparently just wants
>to rap and do something
>he loves... so why can't
>we just let him?
When there was that first post in Gen. Dis. about the Eminem strip in The Boondocks, Aaron actually explained why he would call Em a "culture theif". I can't remember his reasons, but he did explain it. Maybe that thread is still on the boards.

Backhanded, pimpslapped backwards and left stranded - Kurupt