Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectDeep....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=24510&mesg_id=24547
24547, Deep....
Posted by guest, Tue May-02-00 03:54 PM
My mother is from Eritrea Ethiopia and I was raised in Addis Ababa until I was ten. My mom was raised in the Jewish way of life. But she's a devout Christian now. Please don't take offense but she's a "Jew 4 Jesus"...LOL! I love calling her that now...all in fun. Well, I asked her and she said what most of you have said about 144,000 that will get into "Heaven", and the meek will inherit the earth...and "Hell" is said to be nonexistent.

Just a question...not a reflection of my knowings:

I just wonder if 144,000 will goto heaven and there is no hell, then what is the purpose of the 144,000 going on to heaven? I mean I know that living righteously is real, but what if all we've done is basically to live happily ever after?

I've heard Lauryn speak about her belief and she basically stated the same thing. I think its beautiful how anyone can incorporate their faiths and whatnot into lyrical prose that becomes a song that eventually touches masses of people.

Hey this would be a great question for someone to pose to Common!
:-)
Peace

Jaila