Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: here we go again
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=24414&mesg_id=24446
24446, RE: here we go again
Posted by MeAnD_7, Sun Apr-30-00 04:14 PM
Bigg up Rozjack and quest!! You guys are on point. That is why I said I was glad D'Angelo said what he said. I am so fed up with black celebrity males who exclusively date white women. I could give a rat's ass if someone from 'NSYNC said they wouldn't date a black woman. I would say Thanx and keep on steppin'. I appreciate D for celebrating black women in all shades and sizes. I'll admit to being shocked when I first saw Angie Stone and I am not proud of that. I have been misled by what is deemed "beautiful" and "acceptable" in this society. I was expecting her to be young, thin and on the light side. That is what I have come to expect of famous black men. So in a way I was pleasantly surprised to see what she looked like. D went against type. As a young black woman who is on the darker end of the color spectrum I've often wondered if I would ever be in style? White and or Light isn't always right. Thank you for these posts. I'm glad we're discussing this.:)