Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Rolling StoneD'
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=24414&mesg_id=24434
24434, RE: Rolling StoneD'
Posted by guest, Sun Apr-30-00 08:22 AM
?uest:

Fear is fear. . .and if you're still talking about it (in adulthood) as you two have, it's still in the back of your mind. Even though you may grow older and wiser you are still the same person you were as a child. I meant no disrespect or insult, I have nothing but love for D'. I will be forever in awe of ANYONE who knows what they are supposed to be, in this short time on Earth, from near infancy! I'm admonished to be able to nurture my sons in the same fashion his family has.

I only meant those words as words of encouragement. Obviously his gift is some next level phenomenon. I think "the man" upstairs probably has much more in store for him (and you)than any of us, with our mere mortal psyches, could ever fathom. He just has to be open to receiving it.

I can see how anyone of ya'll's caliber could have that fear. I just so happened to be watching VH1 this morning and they did a special on the likes of Janice Joplin, Jimi Hendrix not to mention Malcolm and Martin and those who have plain "fallen off" like, sadly, His Royal Badness himself and the likes of EW&F, The Isleys, the list goes on.

What ya'll are going through is larger than life but at the end of the day you're still human. (And thank you, by the way, for remaining humble, cuz' D' ain't even got a Grammy yet, lol!).

Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. . .pass that on to D.

One Love,

(the other)quest