Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectI hope that we all understand
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=24310&mesg_id=24349
24349, I hope that we all understand
Posted by StillWaters, Fri May-05-00 07:23 AM
that tonsilitis is serious, maybe D does need to get his tonsils out. I had my out, and I felt a hundred percent better, but I can't sing and have no singing career. Make sure they get those adenoids too, cause if they don't get them now, he'll still run the risk of getting sick later. The adenoids are supposed to shrink but in his case they will probably enlarge, which in turn, will make him sick. It's not pretty.

So, I hope and pray for D, that he recupe's. I also hope that his fans are patient enough to understand that if he doesn't take this time, he'll be out of the game longer.

Dice Raw: "Reclaiming the Dead", August 1st, 2000"

The brutal truth is that the bulk of white people in America never had any interest in educating black people, except as this could serve white purposes. It is not the black child's language that is in question, it is not his language that is despised: It is his experience. A child cannot be taught by anyone who despises him, and a child cannot afford to be fooled. A child cannot be taught by anyone whose demand, essentially, is that the child repudiate his experience, and all that gives him sustenance, and enter a limbo in which he will no longer be black, and in which he knows that he can never become white. Black people have lost too black children that way. (James Baldwin)