Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectTo add to this...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=2408&mesg_id=2464
2464, To add to this...
Posted by guest, Wed Sep-08-04 12:33 PM
I was thinking what's the difference between them naming their next album "Monkey Business" and Lb naming their next album "Minstrel Show" (before you throw rocks at me read)

They could both be trying to say the same thing. This music industry is like a Monkey Business/Minstrel Show.

The situation with Kim is not explained very well. They actually make socially aware music, Slum doesn't, neither does LB. Not to say that Slum or LB is wack or anything near that. I just was sitting down thinking about it one day and thought the same thing. Plus i've known them for a long time and they aint NEVER been on any pro black anything.

APL just did a song about and is giving aid to his homeland the Phillipines, I commend him for that far before I hate him for not rhyming over chopped samples.

I am fully aware that wack music is what it is and I didn't like the last album either, but i wouldn't go as far as to call them sellouts why strive foe mediocrity when you can be the first group to perform in Vietnam in 50 years.