Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subject*points and laughs*
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=2408&mesg_id=2453
2453, *points and laughs*
Posted by Raina, Mon Sep-06-04 11:02 PM

They never sold out. They (IMO) were always kinda corny, like "okay, at least they aren't crunk" but would I ever buy there stuff? Fucks no. I see what you're saying, Jointz and Started are ultimately the same song. Which is why I don't feel they changed too much. The addition to Fergie did make me raise an eyebrow at first, but at least Fergie can hold a note a little bit better than Ashanti's wack ass.

The fact that they are able to get their below the radar jabs in on political issues is dope too, but all in all, I think they are corny more than they are sellouts.

I may get slack for this, but I kinda put Peas in the category of Dialated and Jurrasic 5. While I would never shell out dough for these acts, I appreciate what they bring to the table, and they do have their place in hip hop.

Somebody needs to holla @ Will's stylist though, he really looks like he climbed a tree and stole the contents of the Keebler Elf's closet.

~!~

...don't even ask, yo...