Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectDon't take shit personal.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=23922&mesg_id=23946
23946, Don't take shit personal.
Posted by StillWaters, Fri May-12-00 08:07 AM
Obviously, in my own opinion, what said is along the same lines of what everyone else has been saying.
Germs? Your in touch with germs everyday and everysecond of your life, nothing is sterile. So, there's no way to get away from them. But, maybe you want the man to walk around with a surgical mask, or gloves on. No,maybe you don't want him to go outside, cause as quick as you say that I don't have medical, you say "catch phrsae". If the word tonsillitis is such a catch phrase, look it up in the World Book Medical Encyclopedia, p870, 1999ed. Or the American Medical Association Review of Ear, Nose and Throat Diseases, p. 12, June98.
What would you like me to do? Oh, ok, your right I'm wrong. Maybe it's that simple.
I'm not D's friend, I don't know him, but neither do alot of people commenting on this site.
So, I apologoze if I offended you, but isn't it time some of us get a grip.

And only a Master's is not a medical, I'm not in pursuit of what you have, and niether am I in pursuit of what you may call "knowledge".

Dice Raw: "Reclaiming the Dead", August 1st, 2000"

The brutal truth is that the bulk of white people in America never had any interest in educating black people, except as this could serve white purposes. It is not the black child's language that is in question, it is not his language that is despised: It is his experience. A child cannot be taught by anyone who despises him, and a child cannot afford to be fooled. A child cannot be taught by anyone whose demand, essentially, is that the child repudiate his experience, and all that gives him sustenance, and enter a limbo in which he will no longer be black, and in which he knows that he can never become white. Black people have lost too black children that way. (James Baldwin)