Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Okayplayed-out?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=23922&mesg_id=23941
23941, RE: Okayplayed-out?
Posted by spirit, Mon May-22-00 05:59 PM
> I understand
>where you're coming from. But
>I don't take responsibility for
>another person's embarrasing assumptions. It's
>my fault if folks didn't
>pass reading comprehension?

Humor is subjective and has nothing to do with reading comprehension. Let me quote the last line of your message, which you claim to be the part of your message which places it in humorous context when read: "I don't know what I'm talking about. I hope he gets better, though." Reading that, then re-reading your message doesn't make it funny. It sounds like someone who threw up a half-concocted guess about D's health, admitted they knew nothing, then wished him well. If you thought that was funny, I don't think anyone agreed with you.

> If I
>write something and you don't
>read the whole message, choosing
>instead to go off on
>part of the message,

You mean assuming, as I did, that he possibly didn't read the last sentence of your message, but after reading 95% of your message.

> I'm
>not the one at fault.

Sure, it's calling writing choices. Put the punchline with the joke, not as a separate sentence.

>Simple as that. Folks just
>(okay)play themselves when they show
>they ass by not reading
>a whole post before responding.

Nah, actually I think cats play themselves by not being clearer when they write, because apparently no one here, even the people that read your whole message, took that as a joke.

Spread love,

Spirit
www.theamphibians.com

Go see "Love and Basketball". Right now. Stop reading this, sign off, and go see it. ;-)