Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectone mo gin
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=23922
23922, one mo gin
Posted by qoolquest, Thu May-11-00 12:22 PM
the last thing i want to see on the boards tommorow is how y'all stayed up all night for nothing.

i'm so sadddend to announce that we will not be doing our new and improved oh my god get any funkier than this version of "feel like making love".

i know this is all so suspect, and d is so embarrased and helpless. but we will not be on letterman. oh well.

THE SOULQUARIANS
chewy (quest).....jan
luke (d)........feb
lando (jaydee)......feb
cp30 (james poyser).....jan
r2d2 (jazzy jeff)......jan
hans (chaos)........jan
anakin (lil mike)......feb

honorary members:
kelo- soulacorn.......jan
common- soulcies......march
erykah- soulcies......feb
zack- soulicorn.......feb
anthony hamilton-soulquarian.jan

MAY= OFFENSIVE QUOTE MONTH

"FUCK ALL Y'ALL!"
"GET OFF MY DICK NIGGA, AND TELL YO BITCH TO COME HERE!"
-ice cube

"what do you get with fruity mentos? you get a phone number and a light skinned ho....lemme tell you bout redbone she give a good blow...."
-baatin, slum village
23923, for real?
Posted by K_A_Wright, Thu May-11-00 12:24 PM
I didn't know ya'll were gonna be on.. too bad, so sad. Hope Mr. Man feels better soon.

*Kristy*

Go eat a Manwich, bee-ach! -- me
23924, yo
Posted by Hot_Damali, Thu May-11-00 12:36 PM
Tell D' I said that he has absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about...his health should come first. Remember when Meatloaf injured his throat so bad that he couldn't sing for years. I certainly would hate to see that happen to D'.

He should tell the world to just sit back and wait..

Damali

The SBU crew: (Sexy Bitches United)
Damali-CBO (Chief Bitch Officer)
sonyasimone-President Bitch
strezzed-Head of Bitch Treasury
serena_love-Executive Bitch President

"Yes, I am bisexual, I love my black men. There's this feeling that lesbians
hate men, but that's some white lesbian shit! I'm sorry, but the white lesbians went on that
man-hating, 'we want a world with no men shit.' I've always had this joke: nine out of ten
black lesbians concur that every now and then, they need to get poked." - Me'Shell Ndegeocello

23925, RE: one mo gin
Posted by guest, Thu May-11-00 12:51 PM
DAYUMN....oh well....i hope D gets to feelin' better....if ya'll get a reschedule, post it to keep cats informed....get well soon D....

paz y amor

23926, don't sweat it
Posted by t510, Thu May-11-00 12:59 PM
i'd rather see d get better...throat infections are no joke

get well, get well, we want you to get well (c) Seinfeld

Now get on the floor and suck my toes bee-otch!!!

to my sweetheart Jahbryll...

"holding someone is truly believing there's joy in repetition"--prince
I miss you.

R.I.P. Anthony Richards
R.I.P. April Michelle Himes
R.I.P. Kayla Rolland
R.I.P. David Pizzaro Jr.
R.I.P. Ishmael Santos

23927, Sorry to hear that guys........
Posted by SkipGotSkills, Thu May-11-00 01:01 PM
I love Letterman too...damn!

**Reunion Barbeque/Cook-Out to be held in Tanks living room, we'll just move the dresser and the bed and we're good to go**

"Ahhh, Reunion my balls"- SkipGotSkills

"Plus you rhyme like a nigga with his nipples pierced" -Common-

"You funny duke...cause really you think you can do me, When you roll a 500 that's really a 320/.
Should of let somebody else hook it....numbers look crooked, Like King Kong shook it/".

-That last kid from Slum Village, I mean Jay Dee....sorry bout that SlimProv-

23928, It's Aight Man.
Posted by Kawahnda, Thu May-11-00 01:03 PM
Look, the man is obviously in a lot of pain. I can understand and simpathize with his situation. (Please give up the cigarettes!)
Besides I took pictures when he was in NYC and I can't wait to see what the technician I gave the negatives to did with it!
I hope that he is resting. best wishes to you all...the entire crew.
Peace
23929, Okayplayed-out?
Posted by odu, Thu May-11-00 01:15 PM
While I too am concerned about ole boy's throat n' e'rythang, I suggest y'all tell him to quit hounding all that chocha so hard after the shows when he's back on his feet. If he's easy on the groupie-baggin, he'll be less likely to get all and sundry bugs all up in his system. I mean, I love women my damn self, but this dude treats touring like a three month-long bachelor party. Tell him to heed the words of Ralph Tresvant and "cool it now."

I don't know what I'm talking about. I hope he gets better, though.
23930, RE: Okayplayed-out?
Posted by qoolquest, Thu May-11-00 01:44 PM

>I suggest y'all tell him
>to quit hounding all that
>chocha so hard after the
>shows when he's back on
>his feet.

what does this have to do with sickness? since when did talking to a woman become a flu/sickness symptom? like....

-tell that nigga to stop watching tv
-or tell that boy to stop wearing leather pants.

what school did you get your medicine degree?

If he's easy
>on the groupie-baggin,

where was it mentioned how/who/ or when he banged?

he'll be
>less likely to get all
>and sundry bugs all up
>in his system.

the fuck you talkin bout partner?

I mean,
>I love women my damn
>self, but this dude treats
>touring like a three month-long
>bachelor party.

were you on tour with us? did you even read the diary? tell me how do you know? sheeeit if soething went down on the road that i don't know about then tell me please....
you say that shit like you were there. so it must be true right?
or perhaps you heard someone yap on the radio so it must be true right?
or a friend of a friend of a cousin heard such and such?
or you read it in sister to sister?
or cita?

read that statement again dawg.

dude treats touring like a 3 month bachelor party.

that means that
-you know him personally ("dude" nicknames mean that you know the person)
-you know his actions (your statement say that after 9 weeks of observation this is your conclusion)
-you were there (and we know that's a lie.)

why am i picking on you like this? cause i hate nothing more than cats who front and gossip and act like they know the real.

whatchu know about tour life? what you know about 4am lobby calls, and coldcuts with flies on em, and bedroom feathers that make you alergic, and french onion soup, and incidental bills over $200 nightly, and denny's, and soundchecks, or che che la ghost for the 400th time on the bus, and carito's way yet again, and 3 hours marathon shows?

what cause a dude naked in a video you just assume that life is a party? we work hard my mellow.

fuck it i just get mad when i see some dumb ass shit like that. the fuck does your statement have to do with tonsillitis?

THE SOULQUARIANS
chewy (quest).....jan
luke (d)........feb
lando (jaydee)......feb
hans (chaos)........jan

honorary members:

"FUCK ALL Y'ALL!"
-ice cube

"what do you get with fruity mentos? you get a phone number and a light skinned ho....lemme tell you bout redbone she give a good blow...."
-baatin, slum village
23931, RE: Okayplayed-out?
Posted by Shimmy, Thu May-11-00 02:46 PM
Phew that was scorchin'!!
Way to go---keep it to the music and stop judging people's personal business.

Got my Seattle tickets yesterday.
I'm psyched!

Shimmy

Not he is great who can alter matter,
but he who can alter my state of mind
R.W. Emerson
23932, RE: Okayplayed-out?
Posted by odu, Thu May-11-00 03:29 PM
Read the last line on the post, amigo, and then untwist your BVDs. You get tired of people "who front and gossip like they know the real"? When did I claim that? Where exactly did I claim to know D, his groupies or anyone even remotely connected to you? We ain't "partners", 'cause I don't know ya ass from a hole in the wall. And frankly, after your shrill-ass post, I wouldn't care to. I made a stab at some tasteless humour, and made sure to end the post with a caveat that would prompt the average thinking man to know that I was joking. Apparently, you don't fall into that demographic.
23933, why....?
Posted by guest, Thu May-11-00 05:24 PM
would you post that if you didn't mean it like that? don't even try to cover your tracks now sucka. if you were trying to be funny... well... maybe next time leave your humor out cause you ain't funny! you should know better than to mess with ?uest-zilla (ref:see offensive may quote, love that shit!).

peace

-madmonkey

"I DON'T KNOW KARATE BUT I KNOW CaRAZY!" -JAMES BROWN

MAY AS OFFENSIVE QUOTE MONTH:
"HEY SMAKYAK, MY DILZ, SPIT OR SWALLOW" -?uestlove

...damn
23934, RE: why....?
Posted by odu, Fri May-12-00 07:18 AM
>would you post that if you
>didn't mean it like that?

Because it was funny.

>don't even try to cover
>your tracks now sucka. if
>you were trying to be
>funny... well... maybe next time
>leave your humor out cause
>you ain't funny!

Maybe so, but I would have to be a fool to take humour pointers from a dude with a tagline like your's. Ya shit is weak, simply put.

you should
>know better than to mess
>with ?uest-zilla (ref:see offensive may
>quote, love that shit!).

A prototypical nut-hugger. Let him speak for himself. He could testicular torsion from the way your monkey-ass is swingin so hard on his.

23935, ha ha HA HA HA!
Posted by guest, Fri May-12-00 07:28 AM
...now that shit was funny.

peace

-madmonkey

"I DON'T KNOW KARATE BUT I KNOW CaRAZY!" -JAMES BROWN

MAY AS OFFENSIVE QUOTE MONTH:
"HEY SMAKYAK, MY DILZ, SPIT OR SWALLOW" -?uestlove

...damn
23936, In quest's defense...
Posted by spirit, Wed May-17-00 05:45 PM
...I didn't even notice the last line in your post...when you mentioned it, I scrolled up and reread your post...see, you wrote a paragraph that was your "joke", then put the "caveat" at the bottom, where sigs normally are...my eyes are used to skipping over that last line (because 90% of sigs are bad jokes or quotes from songs I've already heard), so I missed your caveat...don't assume anyone reads everything you write...particularly when you write a post where 95% of it can be taken the wrong way if someone doesn't read the last 5%.

Believe me, I found this out the hard way.

Text based mediums are the perfect place for misunderstandings.

Spread love,

Spirit
www.theamphibians.com

GO SEE "LOVE AND BASKETBALL"!!!! What a great film.
23937, RE: Okayplayed-out?
Posted by guest, Wed May-17-00 11:38 AM
Yeah ?uest get on his azz. Thats the shit I am talking about. I guess he don't know who he is fuckin with.

I guess there is nothing to say but:

SMACK SMACK SMACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was too funny I bet he doesn't have anything to say on that one.

?uest you are the man.

One Love ColeyCole99

"OKAYPLAYER RULES"

"SMACK YOUR ASS PULL YOUR HAIR" "D'ANGELO"

"LIKE WATER FOR CHOCOLATE" "COMMON"
23938, RE: Okayplayed-out?
Posted by odu, Wed May-17-00 02:02 PM
>"I missed your caveat...don't assume anyone reads everything you write...particularly when you
write a post where 95% of it can be taken the wrong way if someone doesn't read the last 5%."

I understand where you're coming from. But I don't take responsibility for another person's embarrasing assumptions. It's my fault if folks didn't pass reading comprehension? If I write something and you don't read the whole message, choosing instead to go off on part of the message, I'm not the one at fault. Simple as that. Folks just (okay)play themselves when they show they ass by not reading a whole post before responding.

Coley Cole--Thanks much for your valuable input there, buddy. Word of advice, though--I know your tonsils must be hurtin after that monster 'job, but don't forget to gargle with some strong mouthwash before you step out today. It's just not polite to speak to folks with the stench of sperm still on your breath.
23939, RE: Okayplayed-out?
Posted by qoolquest, Wed May-17-00 03:21 PM
Folks just
>(okay)play themselves when they show
>they ass by not reading
>a whole post before responding.

well. i read the whole thing and i saw nothing that said "joke". no lol. nothing. if i was rough, my bad. i apologize. i just see a whole nother side to this business. and it's hard to sit back (specially on d's guestbook, and hearing people talk in general) and say stuff like that. specially when i'm a part of it. sorry.

THE SOULQUARIANS
chewy (quest).....jan
luke (d)........feb
lando (jaydee)......feb
hans (chaos)........jan

honorary members:

"FUCK ALL Y'ALL!"
-ice cube

-baatin, slum village
23940, Apology not necessary!!!!
Posted by nappiness, Wed May-17-00 05:58 PM
I ain't in the public eye but I do understand misconceptions and folks placing judgement.
What I've learned 'bout people is that their ignorance or dislike of me or negativity is their problem not mine. All I haveta do is remember "to thy ownself be true".
So, apology not neccessary and don't let someone else's foolishness fuck with your peace.
I think you should spend more time on the OkayACTIVIST board, at least we be talking about some worthwhile stuff. *SMILE*
Nappiness is next to Godliness!!!!!!!!

23941, RE: Okayplayed-out?
Posted by spirit, Mon May-22-00 05:59 PM
> I understand
>where you're coming from. But
>I don't take responsibility for
>another person's embarrasing assumptions. It's
>my fault if folks didn't
>pass reading comprehension?

Humor is subjective and has nothing to do with reading comprehension. Let me quote the last line of your message, which you claim to be the part of your message which places it in humorous context when read: "I don't know what I'm talking about. I hope he gets better, though." Reading that, then re-reading your message doesn't make it funny. It sounds like someone who threw up a half-concocted guess about D's health, admitted they knew nothing, then wished him well. If you thought that was funny, I don't think anyone agreed with you.

> If I
>write something and you don't
>read the whole message, choosing
>instead to go off on
>part of the message,

You mean assuming, as I did, that he possibly didn't read the last sentence of your message, but after reading 95% of your message.

> I'm
>not the one at fault.

Sure, it's calling writing choices. Put the punchline with the joke, not as a separate sentence.

>Simple as that. Folks just
>(okay)play themselves when they show
>they ass by not reading
>a whole post before responding.

Nah, actually I think cats play themselves by not being clearer when they write, because apparently no one here, even the people that read your whole message, took that as a joke.

Spread love,

Spirit
www.theamphibians.com

Go see "Love and Basketball". Right now. Stop reading this, sign off, and go see it. ;-)
23942, RE: Okayplayed-out?
Posted by guest, Tue May-23-00 11:01 AM
Wasup qoolquest I understand what you sayin my cousin Jack King sings background for D you probably know him. He said ya'll treat touring like it's no joke, ya'll work hard That cat up there don't know what he talkin about. Aight im out Keep it real
PEACE
DJQuest
23943, RE: Okayplayed-out?
Posted by JustLisa, Thu May-11-00 01:46 PM
Random "bugs" can't help the situation. Anyway, more prayers.

One Love,

Lisa
23944, Have you been listening at all?
Posted by StillWaters, Fri May-12-00 07:14 AM
The man has tonsilitis. This has nothing to do with "chocha" or any other substance that he may personally indulge in. This judgement shit is getting on my nerves.
I used to get that shit ever fucking month for a year until I got my tonsils out and I was twelve, so now what? D goes on stage and gives it all to no matter what, and now you want to be the doctor and diagnose him? Until you get your BA, go to med school, do you residency and get your MD, shut de fuck up.

Dice Raw: "Reclaiming the Dead", August 1st, 2000"

The brutal truth is that the bulk of white people in America never had any interest in educating black people, except as this could serve white purposes. It is not the black child's language that is in question, it is not his language that is despised: It is his experience. A child cannot be taught by anyone who despises him, and a child cannot afford to be fooled. A child cannot be taught by anyone whose demand, essentially, is that the child repudiate his experience, and all that gives him sustenance, and enter a limbo in which he will no longer be black, and in which he knows that he can never become white. Black people have lost too black children that way. (James Baldwin)
23945, RE: Have you been COMRPEHENDING
Posted by JustLisa, Fri May-12-00 07:27 AM
Who "da fuck" do you think you are talking to?
Get my BA? Don't need to, already got it. Masters in the works, thank you very much?

Reading comprehension must not be your forte' I simply said germs don't help. It's not Rocket Science to know that germs don't help ANY situation, only exascerbates it. I too, have had tonsillitis and had my tonsils removed subsequently. Where the did you get your medical degree, if you had one you'd know that tonsillitis is a catch all phrase to describe a chronic and peristent inflammation and irritation. GERMS DON'T HELP just as cigarettes wouldn't help. Don't know what the man does, never claimed to, I said what the fucc I said and I meant what I said.

If you wanna read more into a simple one sentence statement do so, but if you want to try and carry this shyt to a different level, come correct.

Fucc You
23946, Don't take shit personal.
Posted by StillWaters, Fri May-12-00 08:07 AM
Obviously, in my own opinion, what said is along the same lines of what everyone else has been saying.
Germs? Your in touch with germs everyday and everysecond of your life, nothing is sterile. So, there's no way to get away from them. But, maybe you want the man to walk around with a surgical mask, or gloves on. No,maybe you don't want him to go outside, cause as quick as you say that I don't have medical, you say "catch phrsae". If the word tonsillitis is such a catch phrase, look it up in the World Book Medical Encyclopedia, p870, 1999ed. Or the American Medical Association Review of Ear, Nose and Throat Diseases, p. 12, June98.
What would you like me to do? Oh, ok, your right I'm wrong. Maybe it's that simple.
I'm not D's friend, I don't know him, but neither do alot of people commenting on this site.
So, I apologoze if I offended you, but isn't it time some of us get a grip.

And only a Master's is not a medical, I'm not in pursuit of what you have, and niether am I in pursuit of what you may call "knowledge".

The brutal truth is that the bulk of white people in America never had any interest in educating black people, except as this could serve white purposes. It is not the black child's language that is in question, it is not his language that is despised: It is his experience. A child cannot be taught by anyone who despises him, and a child cannot afford to be fooled. A child cannot be taught by anyone whose demand, essentially, is that the child repudiate his experience, and all that gives him sustenance, and enter a limbo in which he will no longer be black, and in which he knows that he can never become white. Black people have lost too black children that way. (James Baldwin)
23947, RE: Whatever. . .
Posted by JustLisa, Fri May-12-00 08:59 AM
Don't take "Shut Da Fuck Up" personally? Nice try. I just don't like people misconstruing my statements and trying to make me look like an azzhole. Don't stand on my neck to make yourself look taller. "Don't take it personally" seems to be the "cop out de jour" 'round these parts. It's all good. . .just don't disrespect me and I'll grant you the same.

Still One Love,

Lisa
23948, RE: Whatever. . .
Posted by StillWaters, Fri May-12-00 09:45 AM
If your offended by "Shut De Fuck Up", then maybe you....well, nevermind. Let's just say that alot more people will be saying alot more things to piss you off before your time is up.
If you felt disprespected by my opinions, I can't aplogoize for that. Furthermore, I'd advise you not to buy my book when it comes out either, you might be offended by that too.
Wait, let me do the lay-like thing and apologize, cause it's evident that your hurt, so Iaplogize for making a staement...and I shall no longer make anymore statements to your own.

Tahnk you and have a nice day. I hope no germ comes up and bites you in the ass.

23949, Is dat you?
Posted by unohoo, Fri May-12-00 09:13 AM
Odu from old school fame? Holla at a nigga...

Be easy kinfolks...

New album by my younger broski on Blue Note Records Jason Moran entitled "Facing Left" in stores June 27th!! Go cop that!! And if you really wanna support a brothers brother then buy his debut "Soundtrack To Human Motion".
23950, Yup
Posted by odu, Fri May-12-00 01:14 PM
What it is, Uno? One and the same...

I tried to get at you on one of the topics in the General Discussion, but substantial posts there (and here) get buried fast under speculation about the length of "D's" fingernails...
23951, I should've known...
Posted by unohoo, Fri May-12-00 02:11 PM
Another place for me to roam peace...

Be easy kinfolks...

New album by my younger broski on Blue Note Records Jason Moran entitled "Facing Left" in stores June 27th!! Go cop that!! And if you really wanna support a brothers brother then buy his debut "Soundtrack To Human Motion".
23952, RE: one mo gin
Posted by guest, Thu May-11-00 02:36 PM
I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT YOU ALL WILL NOT BE ON LETTERMAN. I WAS SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT SHOW. I WAS ALSO EQUALLY SORRY THAT THE TOUR ENDED ON SUCH A SOUR NOTE WITH D'ANGELO BEING SICK AND ALL. I HOPE HE GETS WELL SOON. HOPEFULLY YOU ALL WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE IT TO NEW ORLEANS IN JULY WITHOUT INCIDENT. I'LL MOST DEFINITELY BE LOOKING FOR Y'ALL TO BE THERE. TELL D TO TAKE CARE AND REST WELL. PEACE. P.S. SAW Y'ALL ON THE VH-1 SPECIAL AND Y'ALL WERE OFF THE CHAIN! YA HEARD?!? FOR REAL. ENJOYED IT THOROUGHLY! KEEP IT UP YO! PEACE.
23953, Is it true...
Posted by Zeon, Thu May-11-00 02:49 PM
That D'Angelo can't sing for 2 months. I'm sorry it this has already been said. But I heard it on the radio and sometimes they give out info even before they know whether it is completely true or not. Peace and healing for the voice.
23954, Dang!
Posted by guest, Thu May-11-00 07:03 PM
I wish I had read this before I stayed up and took a break on my homework to watch Letterman, serves me right though, school should come first. Anyway, Quest, if you can get close enough to D without getting sick(wouldn't want you to miss your show w/ the Roots at U of C!:-)), give him this recipe:
I cup of hot water
I tablespoon of honey
add lemon and red pepper(the powdered kind) to taste.
It won't cure anything, but I'll make his throat feel better. Oh, it doesn't taste as bad as it sounds.
Also, Garlic is a natural antibiotic, so tell him to get plenty of it. Pill form is convenient, but raw works faster.
And last but not least, Vitamin C!! The chewable kind isn't good for your tooth enamel, but it works on the throat faster.
Feel better D, and Quest, don't you go get sick, cause i've go my ticket, and I want some Roots!
"I am the lizard queen!"Lisa Simpson
23955, What Show...
Posted by guest, Thu May-11-00 07:36 PM
I had NO idea about you guys being on the Show...Tell D' to get well and keep up posted about any other shows you cats will be on...

pz,
netbomber

"I battle all/Like I don't have it all"-Del
23956, I'll just check my other treats....
Posted by C_Jon, Thu May-11-00 08:54 PM

Darn it, I was looking forward to Letterman,

(I was going to add it to my collection)
THat is ok, I will just go watch my Leno and my Chris Rock performance as well. I think that was one of the most classic performance of chicken grease, D was workin the pearls,

And Shelby and The Boa guy(I think it was him-that is what me and my friends call him because we do not know his name) was rockin it too.

ANd quest you it had down!!!!!! (as usual)

Oh I have an idea, I'll make a post for it...

23957, I don't mind...
Posted by Dove, Thu May-11-00 09:02 PM
I would have been up anyway...
can't sleep
*sigh*
Dove
~Sheepish Lordess of Chaos~

23958, Damn ?uest
Posted by nushooz, Fri May-12-00 05:15 AM
you just fulla damn bad news, huh?
Smooches, anyway, skraight from the Shoe Sto'
NuShooz

Essence Music Festival?
I,I, I Can't Wait!

23959, Re: One Mo 'Gin...
Posted by Arch_Angel, Fri May-12-00 07:18 AM
...(alright, Arch Angel has returned after being deactivated (Superfriends Music...)- no spaces in the username - just in case ANYONE was wondering)

Damn it's good to hear from you ?uest!!! I was looking forward to seeing D tonight - couldn't wait for the end of the week to get here!!! Oh well, it's just not time yet, believe me, I can wait 'til my "Ruffneck Romeo" (smile) is feeling better!!

Thanks for letting us know, ?uest. Hope you're doing fine, my brother, considering the circumstances....

Love Ya'll... Take care of D.

Petersburg Homegirl

"...Send It Right Back to You..." D'Angelo

23960, RE: one mo gin
Posted by guest, Wed May-17-00 09:43 PM
That's okay, I'm sorry to hear that though. I hope D' feels better soon, and he doesn't have anything to be embarassed about.

Here's an extra little something for D':

Your music has the power to soothe,
to make people want to get up and groove.
You definitely have
what it takes to show and prove.

When you held out your hand,
I put mine inside it,
then you looked into my eyes,
and I was hoping you'd see,
just how much you really mean to me.

Every note, every chord
every beat resonates deep within my soul.
For the first time in a long time I feel whole.

The way you move, with your panther-like grace,
never fails to bring a smile to my face.

The creativity you inspire,
is not fueled solely by desire.

What I said to you came straight from my heart,
I've loved your music from the very start.

In those moments time seemed to stand still,
all to soon it came to an end,
as moments of bliss often will.

I will love you always,
until the end of my days.

Ternell Jade