Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectI AM NOT ALONE......
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=23817&mesg_id=23883
23883, I AM NOT ALONE......
Posted by guest, Mon May-15-00 11:19 AM
The first time I saw the Jazzy's they opened for The Roots and Blackstar-Hella bomb ass show-at SOB's before it went strickly Latin,this was '97 the summer before TFA came out.They had more member's then.There was a guy I don't remember who he was but he was good.Nou sung with them and did her own song and there was Tracey and Mercedes.The band was good but those ladies defiantely stood out.I saw them again last spring at one of the first Black Lily event's at Wetlands.That night everyone thought that The Roots were going to show up bu they were pulled away by other responsibilites.The ladies held it down though,it was open mike so people got up and ripped the mike.Nou's band played-very interesting I think she is seriously Robert Plant's daughter I know he has a thing for Morrocan people and the was Nou rocks is like an old fashioned 60-70's shake it out rock.Jill Scott blew up the mike that night also,it's a shame The Roots didn't use her on " You Got Me" consedering she wrote part of the song,oh well marketing is a bitch right.But for all if you trying to diss these precious ladies FUCK-OFF.
I give respect to anyone who uses real intruments on there album's these days.DIE DRUM MACHINE DIE YOU MOFO!!!!Keep up the good work ladies.I listen to "Unconventional Ways" every day,that song is my relationship to a capital T.

Men are like diapers,there always on your ass and full-of-shit.

"Life is nothing but a good groove,a good mixed tape to put you in the right mood" Mike-D