Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Are we truly Loyal Fans?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=23731&mesg_id=23763
23763, RE: Are we truly Loyal Fans?
Posted by Rozjack, Tue Jun-13-00 10:48 AM
I'm loyal to D' as a fan because I have loved his work since Brown Sugar. I listened to that album several times a day. I just totally absorbed it. Then when Voodoo came out he just took me to another place. The man's a genius. I had the pleasure of seeing his Voodoo concert (see my post "Voodoo Concert Review"--I think thats the name of the post). I'm pretty much new to The Roots and Common and the Jazzys. I'd love to see a show. How come the Roots never come to L.A.? What up with that?

I just checked out Common's site. It's tight. I love that song/video w/Lauryn Hill. Where the hell was I when that came out? I heard about Com a few years ago, but I never got around to getting his stuff. The same with The Roots. I noticed them when What They Do came out, but again, I never got around to getting their stuff. So, although I'm a newbie, I consider myself loyal. All of the Okay Artists are extremely talented people. They demonstrate what real Black music is about.