Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectD'Angelo's AOL Chat
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=23564
23564, D'Angelo's AOL Chat
Posted by the2ndsurvivor, Wed Jun-14-00 02:34 PM
It seemed lik every question started with "...you're so sexy" or "i love you are you married." I wish more questions would have been answered. I know I asked like 45892 questions and didn't get one answered. They were good, too. Was anyone else there for the chat??

WORDS OF WISDOM:

"Beer before liquor, never been sicker. Liquor before beer, in the clear."---Keith's Philosophies on Life

"It ain't about the muscles if you know how to use the knuckles."---my little sister

"Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when
someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown BUT, it only takes
4 muscles to extend your arm and
bitch-slap the fool upside the head..."---anonymous

23565, Yup ...
Posted by EarthTone, Wed Jun-14-00 02:36 PM
and it was wack! Questions like "Are you gonna marry me today or tomorrow?" "Is it true you have a child with Angie Stone?" were being asked and answered.

Too bad it was a wasted chat.

"I'm permanent like tatoos and birthmarks, third degree burn marks ..." - Mos Def
23566, RE: D'Angelo's AOL Chat
Posted by emeyesi, Wed Jun-14-00 02:39 PM
Why they only give 15 minutes for these chats?
I knew none of my questions would get answered, so I kept bigging up Okayplayer. Oh well...but yo when can we expect a Okayplayer chat with D?

"I never let myself go, myself never lets me go, self is where truth is, and where truth is there is love. "
- Shinagawa Tetsuzan
23567, I said okayplayer in every question
Posted by the2ndsurvivor, Wed Jun-14-00 02:43 PM
I ended like every question with okayplayer. I started making play-by-play commentary to him as he answered questions.

WORDS OF WISDOM:

"Beer before liquor, never been sicker. Liquor before beer, in the clear."---Keith's Philosophies on Life

"It ain't about the muscles if you know how to use the knuckles."---my little sister

23568, My Favorite Chat Comment
Posted by the2ndsurvivor, Wed Jun-14-00 02:45 PM
"U are such a hottie. Wooo wooo!!"

WORDS OF WISDOM:

23569, Why?????????????????
Posted by C_Jon, Wed Jun-14-00 02:53 PM
I get on the net at 5:30 and missed it. And it was not like I was doing something. WHy why why

And why were people asking stuff like that, I just want to no more about the tour..... Because he and the soultronics always rock at the concerts......

C_Jon
23570, Fo Damn Sho.....
Posted by guest, Wed Jun-14-00 02:54 PM
Tell me why those damn people asked the same damn questions... LOG ONTO OKAYPLAYER.COM and you idiots will know who inspires him... ask some real questions damnit.... but I ain't bitter...LOL.... okay was it me or was this event blown way out of proportion for like the 30 minutes that it was happenin... don't get it twisted though I was there... LOL.... I'm a true D fan and never got my questions answered....damnit...LOL... I ain't hatin though... ohhh yeah why was I gettin IMed by like four 14 year olds at that time I was like go away I'm listenin to D damnit....LOL....well I got my mom breathin over my neck so I can get my hair braided.. but I'll keep y'all posted fo damn sho.....BUT until then Peace, chicken grease, soul, and Love 4 D and Commom :D.... but no love for AOL.... :(

keep it real and flow from the soul....

I keep hope alive cuz its all that I can grasp, but when my hope meets me it'll be more than I can handle.....

"I'm gonna take you away from here..." D'Angelo... UNTITLED... (please take me away from here I hate it in Tulsa, Oklahoma =oÞ)

untitled.........
23571, RE: Fo Damn Sho.....
Posted by guest, Wed Jun-14-00 03:26 PM
Being a true DIE HARD D FAN I am not mad, not at all, but I have to agree with you on that. I can't belive those wanna b D fans. If they logged on to OKAYPLAYER.COM they would know the answer to the ?uestions they kept asking over and over. Thats probally why he left so early. All that ish about will you marry me and this, that and the other, and are you really angie stones babe daddy. Maannn please!!!!!!!!!! People don't have time for that ish!!.

I am Out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But he is still the man. And I have much love for him like always.

TO MY TRUE DIE HARD D FANS : Silver, Taz, Untitled and my dear sweet MOTHER. ONE LOVE YALL!!!

Well I guess I can cancell my AOL account now.

OKAYPLAYER will alwys be my home!!!!!!!!!

"Please give us strength, Lord, to fight our battles. And we can walk on the streets of gold." "D'ANGELO"

"SMACK YOUR ASS PULL YOUR HAIR" "D'ANGELO"

"LIKE WATER FOR CHOCOLATE" "COMMON"

One Love ColeyCole99

"OKAYPLAYER RULES"

23572, RE: Fo Damn Sho.....
Posted by tynie626, Thu Jun-15-00 02:21 PM
hey what about meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think i am a die hard d' fan too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (even though i missed the chat)...dayum
"tynie626": okayplayer since Jan. 2000

ain't no more sig, that's it....
23573, Wack......
Posted by T2daP, Wed Jun-14-00 02:55 PM
I had to change rows 3 times due to stupid asses making ill comments about D.....We need to bring his chat to Okayplayer so he can get some real ?'s from people who understand his music and its true art form......What was up with the constant referral to him as a "hip-hop" artist

Prince Quotes of the Month

"I've Never Seen A Pretty Girl Look So Tough, Baby"-Prince U Got The Look

"Music is going thru the S.o.S. syndrome, SAME OLE SH*T!-Prince AOL Chat 6/8/00
23574, RE: Wack......
Posted by guest, Wed Jun-14-00 03:08 PM
It would have made more sense for it to be on his website.

I get off at 5:30 and after beating traffic, going to the grocery store, fighting the heat up these damn stairs, I still missed it.

It seemed as though there were horny teenagers and bored housewives online. WTF???? Dumb ish.

I wanted to know if he was scared of losing his place while out sick. With all the cancellations and irate fools bitching about him not following through, fear could set in.

Damn, that's another D' appearance I've missed.
23575, U did't miss NOTHING......n/m
Posted by T2daP, Wed Jun-14-00 03:12 PM

Prince Quotes of the Month

"I've Never Seen A Pretty Girl Look So Tough, Baby"-Prince U Got The Look

"Music is going thru the S.o.S. syndrome, SAME OLE SH*T!-Prince AOL Chat 6/8/00
23576, RE: Wack......
Posted by guest, Thu Jun-15-00 05:17 PM
I sooo agree...a better chat...at OKAYPLAYER...
23577, D's AOL Chat
Posted by Circe, Wed Jun-14-00 03:28 PM
All the juvenile questions/comments were inserted on the "line" with other chatters. D answered questions submitted and then selected. He was probably talking while someone inputted in between his answers. You noticed that comments were split up when he answered - that's because people were talking online to each other, and his answers came in fragmented. He addressed questions only that were selected by AOL. The whole thing ran 30 minutes. There were hundreds of lines and hundreds of chatters on each line. I was on "line 98". This opportunity does not come too often - people could have thought of more intelligent questions, after all, all the info on D has been on the boards, news, and chats for months. Yall know more about D than D. He's still dope!!!
23578, I Agree/Wack As...
Posted by Arch_Angel, Wed Jun-14-00 03:35 PM
Hell-o, Players. Some of the dumbest questions were presented. I typed in like three questions -none were answered. I think if everyone knew what they were suppose to do as far as asking questions, it would have cut down on the confusion. D was answering questions from those given to him by the hosts yet people were steady typing in questions and wondering what D was answering (?????) Crazy ish. AND... it only lasted about 30 minutes....

I just thank the brother for his time.

Petersburg Homegirl

23579, RE: D'Angelo's AOL Chat
Posted by guest, Wed Jun-14-00 08:12 PM
i asked 3 questions and 1 actually got picked...i asked how he balanced his success with fatherhood...not a great question i know but at least i didn't ask him where he shops or ask him about angie or if he's married or if he's gone work wit lauryn again, duh...but i really wanted to know how he's been feeling lately with all the illnesses and whatnot...wanted to know if he's completely recuped...there were other okayplayers there but only one other got a question answered... i forget what it was though...
23580, transcript?
Posted by grannie, Thu Jun-15-00 01:17 AM
i was not there ..mainly because i sorta knew it be the same questions over and over again... aaaanyway, i'd still like to see what went on. lemme know.
23581, RE: D'Angelo's AOL Chat
Posted by grannie, Thu Jun-15-00 01:30 AM
so, what you're saying is....you didn't enjoy it? i see what you mean, though. we've already established that D is sexy and fine and a "hottie" as one chatter mentioned. women need to cool it on that, now. it's getting embarassing. since you were there though, perhaps you could tell me, is he married? ..sike, just kidding.
23582, BEYOND WACK!!!!!n/m
Posted by MeAnD_7, Thu Jun-15-00 05:48 AM
"Adjacent to the King, Fear no human being."-L-Boogie

"How you gonna win when you ain't right within."-L-Boogie

Come Correct Or Don't Come At All!!!

One Love Y'All, Okayplayer Style!!!
23583, U can call me crazy ya'll! Cause I was!!!!!!
Posted by guest, Thu Jun-15-00 05:14 PM
sistahs you can not believe what I did to get to that weak ass chat!!!! I didn't have AOL...when I read that D'Angelo was gonna be chatting live on AOL in the OkayP. news...my obsession drove me crazy!!! I admit it...I was nuts yesterday!!! I called everybody I knew asking if they had AOL. Then with no luck (cause nobody likes AOL) I went to the down load site for it and it didn't download right...I was desperate!!! I called my aunt for the fifth time and she laughed at me. She called me back and said she had the free 500hrs disc and she didn't even know until that moment. So I jumped in my car and drove over to get it...I could have kissed her feet ya'll! I was soooo happy!!! Then I had to GET AOL...which was a bitch...it was 8:00 when I had to call the damn AOL people...and finally at 8:05 I was in like ma fuckin' flinn!!!! So I go to the chat...I ask some good questions...thinkin' oh my god...there's D'Angelo!!!! And what do I get? No answer throughout the whole thing...and they were good compaired to the shit other people were askin' whose questions were getting answered!!! I was still excited...but a lil' disappointed...then brotha man just fuckin' leaves!!!! I could've died!!! I mean I was sooo mad ya'll from all the earlier stress I cried. I was crushed. That's my story! Hey at least I'm aware of my obsession...LOL. But seriously I'm just a die hard fan...
23584, RE: U can call me crazy ya'll! Cause I was!!!!!!
Posted by guest, Thu Jun-15-00 05:23 PM
don't get me wrong...I still love D and his music...but I think seriously that the chat should've been done at Okayplayer...I man the okayplayer fam. is fam...and they wouldn't have asked shit like that...I mean I knew half of the questions...maybe it was to establish more fans ya'll...u know for the people who don't know ish...reflecting now on that...I think that was the AOL chat purpose maybe ANGIEEE stress can hook up an Okayplayer chat with D' Angelo...that would be LIVE!!!!!!

"You could get the money, You could get the power, but keep your eyes on the final hour" Lauryn Hill "Final Hour"
23585, RE: D'Angelo's AOL Chat
Posted by TAZ, Thu Jun-15-00 06:39 PM
tHAT ISH WAS WACK..ALL THOSE STUPID "D ILOVE YOU" & "D YOU'RE SO SEXY" HE LOOKS IN THE MIRROR EVERY DAMN DAY ,HE KNOWS WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE.AND THE ANGIE STONE QUESTIONS "WTF" WAS SHE ON THE CHAT LINE, HELL NO. 30 FUCKING MINUTES OF PAST INTERVIEW QUESTIONS; HOW ORIGINAL IS THAT. I LOVE D'ANGELO (SNIFF,SNIFF) "I'M HIS #1 FAN"(SNIFF, SNIFF) HOW GO THEY DO MY BOY LIKE THAT. AOL NEED A GOOD ASS KICKING FOR THAT FOUL,FUCKED UP ISH. AM I BITTER? DUH, YEA!! BUT I'LL GET OVER AS SOON AS I PLAY THIS VOODOO ISH!!!
23586, RE: D'Angelo's AOL Chat
Posted by guest, Thu Jun-15-00 08:56 PM
someone actually asked if he had plans to pose for 'playgirl'...WUH.......DUH.......FUH......?