Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: New OkayArtist Votes...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=23476&mesg_id=23549
23549, RE: New OkayArtist Votes...
Posted by jrocc, Thu Jun-15-00 11:34 AM
aight, all those choices (well, most of them) r good and all, but i didn't hear no one talk about artist who already down w/ Okayplayer doing their thing on the regular. they should get sections first. i'm talkin about Kindred, Flo Brown, 3 7000 9, Jaguar & Jill Scott. people who already down w/ the crew and representing on a regular basis. if they don't get their own sections u could at least make black lily part of okayplayer.com i know they have their own website and all, but why not incorporate it into this site. i go 2 the black lily all the time at the wetlands in nyc and they constantly putting it down 4 the nyc crowd regularly. so they should get spots b4 anyone. after that, i wanna vote 4 Mos Def and Erykah Badu cuz they seem 2 b 'honorary' members already. that's about it really. i also don't think that okayplayer should get 2 cluttered. everybody can't b an okayplayer artist. that's one of the things i like about it now. i think if u included everyone it would lose some of the closeness that it has. i do however think u should include some people in the featured artists section. people like Slum Village, Dead Prez, N'Dambi, Maysa, Ledisi, Laurnea, etc. some people that r hot and along the same lines of what OKP's would b feeling. just don't ruin okayplayer.com by making everyone and they mamma an OkayArtist. just my thoughts.

~jrocc

"i start to think and then i sink/
into the paper like i was ink/
when i'm writing i'm trapped in between the lines/
i escape when i finish the ryhme" - Rakim