Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectMos Def, Slum Village, Andre...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=23476&mesg_id=23530
23530, Mos Def, Slum Village, Andre...
Posted by blue23, Thu Jun-08-00 08:44 AM
I don't understand why Mos Def is not already an Okayartist. This man is an intricate and integral part of everything that yall are trying to do. I mean my man spoke at the United Nations! I think it is essential that he be involved in something as innovative and revolutionary as Okayplayer. Slum V? I thought "The Roots and SV is the Family Tree/SV and the Roots be the Family Tree" So you tell me where they're at. I would love to see Kast as an okayartist. Yes they are that ill. But at least the more okay-friendly side of the group Andre should be included.

Very glad to see Reflection Eternal on the site now. Kweli could use the exposure to the brilliance he brings.

And I'm not the one for negativity but I feel I have to say that I don't feel the Nastees live up to the Okay creative standard. And although I think Pharaohe certainly makes hot records these days he doesn't quite belong here either. Just personal opinion. Open to attack.

Peace, One,
blue.