Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Radio Adds on The Light
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=23443&mesg_id=23474
23474, RE: Radio Adds on The Light
Posted by guest, Tue Jun-20-00 05:07 PM
LabelGuy:

I wanna get some thoughts off my chest, concerning, Common getting airplay on radio-stations around the country. As Okayplayer members and fans of conscious-style hip-hop, we need to stop hatin' or spittin' on other folks musical taste, just because they haven't opened up their minds to other forms of music that somebody else may like. The "If you don't like this kind of music, you ain't s**t" attitude gotta stop. Yeah, I grew up listening to Luke, 2 Live Crew, NWA, MC Eiht, and what not, but, I also grew up listening to Rakim, EPMD, Freddie Foxxx, Big Daddy Kane, Kool G. Rap, etc. Just because I grew up in Florida, don't mean I don't know a damn thing about "New York Style Hip-Hop," because, I do. So, next time someone comes out the mouth dissin' a particular state or region, get your muthaf'n facts straight, otherwise, don't say anything at all!!!

One Love,
2Bad
The person who got on my bad side knows who they are, and therefore, shall remain nameless!!!