Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Odd Man Out
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=23320&mesg_id=23332
23332, RE: Odd Man Out
Posted by guest, Thu Jun-22-00 04:18 PM
at nearly 79 minutes,
>it overstays its welcome (>When you have that much music,

i ususally start voodoo at track 4. and that cuts the time by a pretty good amount.
>there's bound to be some
>parts that drag (was a
>90 second intro to "One
>Mo Gin" really necessary or
>all those repeated lines in
>"The Root"?)

i may be the only one. but "the root" was my favorite song on voodoo. i dont care that d repeated all those lines. i just really felt the song.
i say voodoos better. although my opinion may be biased since i bought brown sugar AFTER voodoo. i dont buy much r&b especially modern r&b. but voodoo seemed to have more depth to it than brown sugar.

"aint nobody gonna tell me how to be cuz ima be me AIGHT! cuz im a man now check it."- common

"i probably would get bumped more if i was a gangsta but i am a gangsta call me the gangsta of love."- common

"for this real hiphop yall im ready to die die."- dead prez

"i pray to God answers maybe ill ask nicer."-eminem

"i just wanna innovate and stimulate minds travel the world and penetrate through time. escape through rhythms in search of peace and wisdom raps are smoke signals lettin the streets know im wit em. but now i appreciate this moment in time ballplayers and actors be knowin my rhymes."- common

*** insert any other line from the sixth sense***

"hello this is the offices of dr. octagon if u have insurance and medical problems im here for u. for any type of intestine surgery, rectal rebuilding, relocated saliva glands and chimpanzee acne and of course moose bumps. u can call 1800-peepee5-1doodoo. im in ur corner."- dr. octagon