Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectNew Okayartists
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=23191&mesg_id=23196
23196, New Okayartists
Posted by guest, Thu Jul-06-00 08:35 AM
>dang angieee...is it that bad?

Damn...I feel like I 'cause I posted that in a rush it might have come off a lil' worse than I meant it to. (look at time...I had literally just hopped off plane and was about to shower to come in to work...)

i
>mean, i know i can't
>front--i was one of the
>MANY me'shell fans on the
>site saying she should be
>affiliated with the site..somehow/someday. I
>wasn't as vocal as most,
>but still....

I'm not saying, don't speak on which artists you want on the site, but posting it here REALLY doesn't help. If an artist doesn't want to be down, they just don't. Some sites PAY artists to join their site...we can't afford that luxury, so we can't COMPETE with them. Point blank. We don't have a huge company backing this site, we don't have investors and we won't splash pimple cream pop up ads on the front page unless ish got so effed up we just had to...we'd clown ourselves for doing it, but let's keep it real. All that *we all have put into this*, we don't want to see it shut down.

>
>gurl, do i need to bring
>my broke ass out to
>philly and regulate on some
>folks?

Naw, but thanks. :-) We deal with the same bullshit any customer service reps do, I guess. Though, I used to work in fast food in high school, though...no one cursed me out there.

See how that person addressed the subject in the post I linked to in my orginal post? There's a way to ask shit. Just ask yoru question, brah. It's like people think we be hating on some folks.
We ain't got no secret okaymanual. We just trying to make dope sites, community and show y'all the artists beyond the videos and the records. It's just not as simple as people think.

As complicated as the MUSIC INDUSTRY is, imagine how crazy it is when your intersect the WEB with THE INDUSTRY. You just injected some new media no one really knows how to deal with on a medium that crazy enough to begin with. And there you have the beginning of an okayplayer artist alliance. I can't believe people think it is just as easy as "Hi, wanna be on okayplayer?" "Cool!" and then we build a site.

so keep up
>the good work.

Thank you...we try...we ain't perfect. We work hard as shit, though.

>P.S. so, you REALLY got a
>sitcom deal in the works?

I've been approached by two tv people about turning my unreleased book into a show...that means NOTHING yet. Whatever is supposed to happen will happen. I'm still buggin I got a book deal without trying. :-) I'll keep you updated...

angieee ('stress)

First book, The Broke Diaries, coming March 2001, Random House. $9.95.

Read the updates M-F or you'll miss some good shit. http://www.okayplayer.com/updatef.html

See a post that needs to be removed? E-mail help@okayplayer.com

"Okayplayer is addictive like Ebay" - Danja Mowf