Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectARA Kelly
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=23149&mesg_id=23178
23178, ARA Kelly
Posted by kec, Wed Jun-28-00 07:33 AM
he's cool peeps, met him on several occasions even when he was in high school...waaaaaay back in da day and after he became a *supastar..that nigga still be balling at the cage on 63rd and Stony. i don't think he's conceited just confident..he's been doing this shit for years..he did it the old fashion way performing at local talent shows and even on "L" platform so I gotta give dude his props. now as for lyrics let be real Kelly's shit is ghetto fabulous unlike others he comes up with some shit that you wouldn't expect to hear in a r&b song and makes it a ghetto hit ( half on a baby...u remind me of my jeep) but that was cool for him....we don't need a million ara kelly's running around. same thing as dru hill i never dug them cause sisqo tried to hard to emulate kc's sound and there were an abundance of groups that tried to do the same thing. i don't like avant cause he sounds like the rest of these cats nothing new or innovative at all...who buys th eimitation when you can get the real thang
kEc
change is inevitable...