Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Avant aint that bad....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=23149&mesg_id=23172
23172, RE: Avant aint that bad....
Posted by guest, Sun Jun-25-00 01:07 PM
Yeah, he is. The "Separated" song was tolerable, but that doesn't make it anything close to good. It was just formulaic mainstream R&B sheeeiiitt, that made absolutely no attempt at contributing or innovating anything about the art. I was about to say that they should have given Bilal the Featured Artist page, but with the way things are sounding, he's gonna have his own Bilal Page up here at some point (of course I usually only hear what I want to hear, but whatever). Now that cat is innovative!! Phuck mainstream shit! The only mainstream album that I've really felt in years was Carl Thomas's "Emotional." Dayum, that a good album! Innovating, stimulating, and yet still radio friendly. Who knew there was such a thing? Now that cat needs to drop the Bad Boy shit, get some live music to back those vocals, and make the world a better place! But that's entirely a different story, so I'm out. Love and respect.
-B