Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectSometimes I try to separate...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=23067&mesg_id=23104
23104, Sometimes I try to separate...
Posted by thebigfunk, Wed Jul-12-00 04:13 PM
and attempt to isolate parts of the album. It doesn't work. When a friend of mine hears it for the first time, I often find myself, after the first four songs (when Send It On starts) saying "and from here on, the album is untouchable, you just can't fuck with this..."

But then I want to change it. Because can anyone really fuck with the nasty horns and grit of Playa...? Or that genuine Primo beat, and the high pitched descending squeal (whateva the eff that is) in Devil's Pie? The keys (mentioned in my first reply) and superfunkycalifragisexy lyrics of Left & Right? Or the meandering, jam-with-the-band-on-a-saturday-night style of "The Line"? Dammit, you can't. You can't fuck with any of this album. It's still the number one release of this year, bar none. It's still my ish. Just thought I'd share.

-thebigfunk

"Genuine beauty is always quite alarming." - 'The Secret History'

"Aloofness is a cardinal sin in an age when a perplexed humanity eagerly turns to its writers and thinkers, and demands of them attention to, if not the cure of, its woes and wounds..." - Nabokov's "The Real Life Of Sebastian Knight"