Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectdo we have a concensus...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=23067&mesg_id=23102
23102, do we have a concensus...
Posted by blackpearl, Wed Jul-12-00 03:35 PM
that "the root" is the ish? i was mesmerized by the entire project for the first week or so but, on 02/05, when i finally REALLY heard "the root" i had to take a seat... in front of the speakers...for i don't even know how many repeats... this song gives me chills every time i listen to it...the guitar work if pure Jimi (happy to say i experienced that musical era firsthand), the imagery in the lyrics is incredible and you can FEEL this man's pain... "my soul is empty, my blood is cold and i can't feel my legs...i need someone to hold me and bring me back to life before i'm dead"... DAAAYUM!!!

my personal favorite and daily devotion is still "greatdayndamornin", as evidenced by the fact that i won't leave home without at least one listen... this song gives me strength daily... spiritual food for the soul, hellabangin' music for the ears!

"one mo'gin" has deeply personal meaning to me - i won't bore you all with the story but the song will always have a special place in my heart...

i could go on and on, but above are my standouts...

D'Angelo, thank you for SO blessing us all!

Rozjack, 8/4... soon and very soon... we need a rollcall for all LA OKPs who will be in the house!

i'm out