Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectVoodoo...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=23067&mesg_id=23087
23087, Voodoo...
Posted by zero, Tue Jul-11-00 08:27 AM
has some of the best musicianship I have ever heard (maybe cuz I'm not that old and haven't really explored "The Masters" as much as the rest of you have)...my favorite moments are:

Playa Playa: about 1:07 into the song, there's this little cymbal slide thing that I listen to everytime, then I usually change tracks. The buildup to that one little cymbal note is just perfect. That one hit then starts off the rest of the song, a smooth horn arrangement

The breakdown from "Devil's Pie" into "Left and Right" is just really damn cool. hehe

The entire percussion line of "Chicken Grease" is perfection. Damn, that song is just awesome. the Chicken Grease of "Chicken grease" fits in perfectly. Some ppl complained that it was mixed in too low, but I thought the volume of it was just perfect. Didnt really distract but was noticeable enough to be an important part of the song.

Guitar solo in "Spanish Joint" made me scream the first time I heard it. That song was the only thing that could make me happy for a month. Just listening to it would make me happy. SOmething about the congas and the drums on it were amazing...lifted my spirits.

AIM name: monkeybars j5

"Dogs love me cuz i'm crazy sniffable" -Beastie Boys

"if you were born rich, you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs... And take them down" -Herman Blume (Bill Murray's character in Rushmore)