Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectawww, man....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=23067&mesg_id=23077
23077, awww, man....
Posted by thebigfunk, Tue Jul-11-00 03:45 AM
You know I'm all over this post... can't pick just one. Here are a couple small details I've been digging this week (cuz you know Voodoo is played at least once a day...):
- The keys on the last last last rap on Left & Right... they're like these funky vibe keys, outlining this chord transitions that you don't hear the rest of the song... I hadn't caught those until about a month ago, and now I shit bricks when I hear them

- Send It On... around the five minute twenty second mark, the horns come in. Not very monumental right? Well, we just came out of this gospel vocal 'oohs' in the background, the guitar just pushed this fancy smooth riff.... everything's perfect, and the horns put a crown on this king of a song.

- Greatday... the very last part of this deal is my favorite part of the album... about six minutes fifty five second mark, get the whole 'duh duh duh' funkyasshit melody... you don't understand how happy it makes me...

Today's a voodoo day already, I can feel it...

-thebigfunk

"Genuine beauty is always quite alarming." - 'The Secret History'

"Aloofness is a cardinal sin in an age when a perplexed humanity eagerly turns to its writers and thinkers, and demands of them attention to, if not the cure of, its woes and wounds..." - Nabokov's "The Real Life Of Sebastian Knight"