Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectBack up off him!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=22864&mesg_id=23053
23053, Back up off him!!
Posted by guest, Mon Jul-10-00 05:57 PM
See, this is exactly what I heard Common say. He said that he didn't want people to see him as "Mr. Righteous" all the time. He is not a one-dimensional man and not always the good-guy rapper. He has many different sides to his personality. He said it himself: "Y'know, I'm striving to be a good person and striving towards perfection, but there's other sides to me...Just show the different sides to keep balance. If you're doing good things, and you're having spiritual sessions with people, that don't mean you don't go out with and enjoy yourself with your lady, or even with a lady friend, man. Life is balance."

The way people speak of the event, it seems as though he is an inconsiderate and ignorant MC. It was a freestyle, just a creative expression and it is unfair for people to limit his expression and see everything so one-sided. It's not so black and white. There's more color in the scene and not such a literal meaning to it all. Like all of us, he is growing and still learning; he should be able to have the freedom to do say he feels. (See Ist Amendment)

I understand that gays may be tired of being harassed and were especially offended by the commonts coming from Common, but back the FUCK up for a minute and stop being such hardasses. True, I do not know how it feels to be gay and persecuted, but calm the fuck down. I believe that I will not see total acceptance of gays in my lifetime, but as homosexuals, you need to keep your head up and not let a couple verbal daggers kill you pride.

Dulce