Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: *shaking head*
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=22864&mesg_id=23048
23048, RE: *shaking head*
Posted by SankofaII, Fri Jul-07-00 06:38 AM
STILLWATERS:
GURL, YOU BETTA REGULATE! :) you basically summed up THE TRUTH of this whole post. i spoke my piece on the subject and STILL maintain what i posted.

it seems like folk want to whine and moan cause Common said somethings they didn't like. i guess people forget that common is a HUMAN BEING, not a GOD--hes human. he makes mistakes. yea, what he said about gay men was faulty (what he was about lesbians, no matter WHAT straight men say, is fucked up in itself AND a vicious double standard at that) and FLAT OUT WRONG..but, it IS his opinion and for better or for worse, we have to respect that.

i'm sorry, but i'm NOT going to boycott the brotha cause of his viewpoints. he isn't saying that to me....people need to realize that there still IS a stigma on homosexuality. as evidenced by some members on this board (quez/chocolateboywonder, etc.) folk are extremely intolerant of folks who aren't straight or AREN'T IN DENIAL. igorance is bliss these days, and you have to realize that not everyone is going to make an effort to dialogue with u about sexuality or even MAKE a concerted effort to speak to you in a civil manner on it. but, that's me...i could care less what folk like quez and half the people who posted think of what or WHO i'm doing behind closed doors...sexuality is such a MINUTE part of who i am..it's very clear that THE FOLK I NAMED (and in general) seem more hard pressed on staying clear of gay people than just up and admitting they're ignorant. it's that simple....
but stillwaters, u keep tellin the truth gurl! it's realness like thisthat keeps the channels open for communication between ALL to understand life and how we as human beings don't share a MONOLITHIC view on it. :)

Ryan

Check Out My New Signature, Fam:

"If you don't like me, I'll punch you
dead in the fucking face"
--Vin Diesel (THE FACE--MAY 2000)

"It is essential that non-gay black people recognize and respect the hardships, the difficulties black gay people experience, extending the love and understanding that is essential for the making of an authentic black community".
--bell hooks

"Homosexual persecution and condemnation has at its roots not only social ignorance, but a philosophically active anti-feminist dogma".
--Lorraine Hansberry

"Isn't it a shame? A black man invented the clock, and some black folks still don't know what time it is".
--Jewel McCabe"

"When a star shines, you get the light several million years later, and the star's probably dead by the time you get the light. I'd rather be the moon".
--Me'Shell Ndegeocello

"Being a healthy black gay adult is doubly hard, considering the propaganda to the contrary".
--Me'Shell Ndegeocello