Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: ?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=22864&mesg_id=22994
22994, RE: ?
Posted by chocolateboywonder, Thu Jul-06-00 07:45 AM
>uhm ... just wondering ... do
>you consider the possibility that
>people might be genuinely trying
>to discuss this thing, out
>of an unsuspect motivation ?
> In other words :
>that some people wonder where
>all this hatred comes from,
>and try to discuss it
>?

Please.

Like your "genuinely discussing" this is gonna change someone's (Common's) mind. people know what they like and don't. people know exactly the types of answers to expect to the questions the ask. starting experiements you know the outcome to is stupid. asking questions you know the answer to makes said questions stupid-ass questions.

wonder where this hatred comes from? <--- stupid-ass question.

if you have a shred of common sense you already know where it comes from. just a few are: ignorant religious overtones, sexual insecurity, or just plain not liking the idea.

now if you think you're gonna erase the influence of religious overtones world wide you have another thing coming. are you going to cure the sexual insecurities of thick neck, 550 lb bench pressing, steroid popping, 'manly' chauvinist men? nope. if someone knows what they don't like you aint changin their mind.

usually when their minds are changed they've just been desensitized to the subject matter of have become apathetic. either way such individuals annoy me too.

genuinely discussing... blah blah, go paint a house if you want a cause. discussing com's views on homosexuality here are doing nothing for changing his mind and nothing to change the world, because last time i knew only 10,000 people come here a day. even less come to the boards. and that's a small number when sized with the billions of people sucking the life out of this globe.

dudes shoulda knew better than to be kissing at show common was at anyway.

>>i know lots of gay people
>
>So, you know lots of gay
>people ? And ?

being a smart ass doesn't make you intelligent. you know where i'm going.

>
>
>>(or people that claim to
>>be gay) and sure I
>>can be 'cool' with them,
>>but chances are I wouldn't
>>be. It's like being
>>gay is a fucking fashion
>>statement these days.
>
>So ? Even if you
>feel it is today, why
>should this bother you ?
>

the same reason it bothers me that eminem gets played on rock and roll stations when the roots are closer to rock and roll than em ever was, is, or will be. the same reason i hated it how the american audience all of a sudden picked up on the final fantasy series at FF7 because of the eye candy and movie, while the rest of the game and story was dumbed down. the same reason i dislike seeing kids walk around with those little beaded bracelets (praying beads I was told by my trendy sister) with chinese kanji on it and the only thing chinese they know is eggdrop soup and bruce lee. i hate trends. that's why it bothers me. and i usually am not friends with kids that follow a bunch of trends. like shit because it makes sense to you. gay people who are 'gay' using it as a way to be different, exclusive, cosmo, or victimized make NO sense to me and can get lost. that's the same for any trend i don't feel, we're just talking about homosexuality and common's reactions to it.

>
>>"Oh, I'm oh so cosmopolitan!
>>I'm bisexual!"
>
>What does this have to do
>with homosexuality and homophobic reactions
>?

homophobia is overused. most people i know that don't like gays aren't fearful of or scared of gay people, they just don't like them. and i'm not surprised when someone voices his disdain for something he/she doesn't like (whether it be mango juice, gays, checkers, country, black girls with blue contact lenses, black guys with white girls, or bell peppers), it's that person's decision and if you don't like it or what they have to say, get this-- don't deal with them.

>Just cos a few people explore
>and experiment and consider it
>"cool" or like to brag
>about it

that makes said person a scrub. SKUH-RUB.

>doesn't change the
>fact that people of the
>same gender genuinely love and
>care for each other and
>are sexually attracted to one
>another.
>

whether they genuinely love and are attracted to each other is not what i'm talking about. i'm talking about people who are always looking for causes to defend and jump in the middle of. bandwagon activists. and in this case, worrying about common and his 'homophobia'

i don't care who you love, the fact is if i dont agree or like it, i dont. plain and simple. and no amount of 'genuine discussion' is gonna change my mind.

kids shouldn't feel obliged to change their mind and ignore what they've been taught in order to reflect what the 'rest of world' around them thinks.

'loving' somebody is subjective anyway. you can say you love your dog or parrot and say you love your mother. 9 times out of 8 'loving couples' i run across these days don't have a clue what love is anyway.

>>Get some self control and know
>>how to stand for what
>>you believe in and don't.
>>You can't please everybody,
>>so stop trying.
>
>Who says I am trying ?

did i say: "krewcial, you are
trying to please everyone?"

no, i didnt. but yo, if the shoe fits, buy the whole clothing line to match.

> So noone can genuinely
>believe that homosexuality is normal
>? Is as natural
>as heterosexuality ?

you can genuinely believe what you want. people act like everyone has to genuinely believe what they do. i dont believe it's as normal as heterosexuality, because if that shit was the case the ration of homos to heteros would be a little closer. that's like saying fucking a tree trunk or elementary school age child is normal.

it may be normal to whoever is doing it, but it aint normal to everyone else.

****DISCLAIMER: no. i'm not equating homosexuals to pediphiles. don't be stupid.

I don't expect people to genuinely believe everything i do to be allowed to walk this face of the earth, but if you wanna walk the face of the earth and be my friend or in a social circle of mine at the same time-- well, then... um we're gonna have to relate.

If Com's views on homosexuality bother people, those people can't stop listening to him.

Em's misogynistic lyrics bother the hell out of me, so I didnt buy his LPs or listen to him really.

anyway, if you need a politically correct emcee you will be looking for a looooong time. the closest thing you'd find is Hammer in his "We got to pray" days, but christianity and all organized religion is the oppressor of man, so even he doesn't fit the profile.

>Yin and Yang, my friend.
>

we're not friends, i dont know you.

>>It kills me, kids will talk
>>all this pro-gay-open-mindedness and tell
>>fag jokes in the locker
>>room as soon as some
>>girl they are trying to
>>impress isnt around. Eff
>>that. Just like I
>>know white boys that listen
>>to rap and know a
>>nigga joke or three.
>>the true colors always show,
>>stop frontin'
>
>I agree, that's foul, but again
>: what does this have
>to do with the core
>subject here ?

what's the core subject here? "how do you feel about common dissing homosexuals that paid to see his show?".

this is how it relates:

1.common supposedly disses gays at show.

2.PC okayplayers decide to stick up for the gay kids so they can offer their oh so intelligent and open minded points of view.

3.chocolateboywonder thinks playing the PC card and pretending to have a view on every controversial subject that passes thru these boards is annoying and decides to state so.

>Does
>this make it OK for
>every person to diss gays,
>just cos some people have
>double standards or act hypocritical
>?

not every person disses gays and no, of course it doesnt make it right. rhetorical questions are stupid-ass questions. i dont agree with homosexual lifestyles and i don't diss them. i don't agree with 9 out of 8 heterosexual lifestyles and i don't diss them either. because it's none of my fucking business.

>
>>It's all opinion, just like if
>>you don't like grape jelly.
>> or girls that smoke.
>> or guys with hairy
>>backs. or american sports
>>cars. or three 6 mafia
>>when compared to kmd. or
>>rpgs when compared to street
>>fighter games. or jazz as
>>opposed to emo. get
>>a grip.
>
>
>
>>people need to stop pretending like
>>they have to like everything,
>>cuz that's bullshit.
>
>Who said you have to like
>everything ?

no one did, however the way people act these days (as evident by all the genuine discussion going around these days) it seems they believe it.

>I agree that people should stop
>pretending. That's exactly what
>I'm doing : I stop
>pretending to be a stereotypical
>chauvinist insecure heterosexual male.

that sounds like a pick up line. ladies, dial him @ 1.800.NICE.GUY for a guy that is not insecure, chauvinist, sterotypical or hetero--- whoa...oops.

uno

chocolateboywonder on here,
fwmj on AIM, and
nothing on ICQ

http://www.crooklyndodgers.com
http://newelement.org/frankie/
http://tofproject.org/