Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: yup, yup
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=22864&mesg_id=22942
22942, RE: yup, yup
Posted by SankofaII, Wed Jul-05-00 02:47 AM
gurl, thanks for the post(i'm actually doing research for a movie i'm trying to write..the shit i'm looking at is boring as hell, so i NEED a break from it! :)).

i really don't have much to say...i'm not angry at Common either. but, i do feel as you do...folk are still growing. eventually (i hope), his feelings will change. if they don't, then they don't. it's not of any concern to me. as long as he keeps putting out good music, then i don't take ish with it.

but, i do understand why folk are debating the issue though..and, it's about due time....long overdue.

but, continue on family...

Ryan

Check Out My New Signature, Fam:

"If you don't like me, I'll punch you
dead in the fucking face"
--Vin Diesel (THE FACE--MAY 2000)

"It is essential that non-gay black people recognize and respect the hardships, the difficulties black gay people experience, extending the love and understanding that is essential for the making of an authentic black community".
--bell hooks

"Homosexual persecution and condemnation has at its roots not only social ignorance, but a philosophically active anti-feminist dogma".
--Lorraine Hansberry

"Isn't it a shame? A black man invented the clock, and some black folks still don't know what time it is".
--Jewel McCabe"

"When a star shines, you get the light several million years later, and the star's probably dead by the time you get the light. I'd rather be the moon".
--Me'Shell Ndegeocello

"Being a healthy black gay adult is doubly hard, considering the propaganda to the contrary".
--Me'Shell Ndegeocello