Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectyup, yup
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=22864&mesg_id=22941
22941, yup, yup
Posted by Hot_Damali, Wed Jul-05-00 02:39 AM
Thanks for taking the time to break it all down, Ryan. I agree with most of what you said...the only point that you and I differ on is the PDA thing. I personally see nothing wrong with it. Hugging/kissing/holding hands in public by any type of couple is fine with me. But that's a matter of personal preference and it's cool.

To all the homophobes: sorry to disappoint you but you can't cure us or kill us all. Gays have always been around and we're here to stay. So sowwy.

After reading all the responses on this thread, I have formed my official opinion on this matter (please feel free to not give two shits about what I think...I mean, who the hell am i anyway?): I was more disappointed in Common than angry at him. But I'm still gonna support his music and I'll be in the front row at Roseland in NYC if I can manage. I'm not dating Common so I don't have to like his views. As long as he keeps making the hot shit, he can say whatever the hell he wants. If something really offends me too much, I don't have to buy it. Miles Davis was an admitted wife beater...women all over the world still bought his music.

Common, like many other young men, is still going through his process of growing up. Wisdom only comes with time and he may or may not change the way he feels at some point. I do not support Eminem in anyway, so that's my way of disagreeing with the stupid shit he says.

The two guys kissing in front: hey, it's a free country...kiss if you want. Everyone else be damned.

Damali

CELEBRATING JULY AS FAKE QUOTE MONTH-The Okaystaff/Artist Edition

"So, uhm Rakaa and Iriscience aren't the same person...wonder which one I've been sleeping with?
Hate when that happens." -Angieee

"My next single will be a Beastie Boys cover"- D'Angelo

"How the fuck did that bitch get those naked photos of us?" -Rakaa and Iriscience (see the Okayartist board for clarity)

"Tomorrow is Register Multiple Names Day on Okayplayer!" - Shawn Gee

"Drumming is so last century..I'm turning in my sticks for a pair of moroccas" - ?uestlove

"Moderating was the best thing that ever happened to me" - Improv

"Help! I just recovered from my hangover and I'm locked in my room in Philly at the Holiday Inn!" - Steve

"We're only in this business for the money." - The JazzyFatNastees

"Got dammit! I got cornbread stuck in my teeth again!" - Common

"Jay-Z writes all my rhymes" - Oracle