Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectCom
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=22864&mesg_id=22915
22915, Com
Posted by Timmy, Tue Jul-04-00 06:24 AM
Do any of y'all see how FUCKED UP this is?

Music should be a place to ESCAPE this kind of bullshit. If I went to a Roots show or a Common show or any concert and the emcee on stage told me to Get The Fuck Out Of Here because he didn't like who I am?? Or if I saw an emcee do that to ANYONE else, it would ruin the whole show for me.

If anybody understands the magic and the power of the spoken word, of rap, it's OkayPlayers. We've all had rap music affect us emotionally, we all have our songs that still get a deep instinctive reaction from us. The thrill of a good live show is unparalleled.

Going to a live show to pay homage to an artist you respect, looking for that thrill, that damn-that-emcee-made-my-day exhilleration that comes from a good show and then right when you're into it getting told to Get The Fuck Out Faggot is one of the worst betrayals I could imagine. It'd be like getting kicked in the balls by a friend.

Y'all are hating on anyone who's like "I don't like Com cause he's a homophobe," but do you see how hard it is for me to give Com the trust and respect I want to when he pulls that shit? I want to like the guy, I want to be able to listen to LWFC without wincing every three songs, but I can't and that's sad and it makes me hella mad at him.

Hope that made some sense.

=Timmy=