Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: just a man...but heard by many...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=22864&mesg_id=22881
22881, RE: just a man...but heard by many...
Posted by guest, Wed Jul-12-00 09:16 PM
Of course there are people who have to hide their homosexuality! In some places, hiding it is the difference between life and death. Not everyone is so accepting of that kind of lifestyle. And what the fuck is so ignorant about saying that homosexuals are able to hide their sexuality and therefore making a difference between being racist? Have you ever been called a NIGGER to your face? It is a horrible feeling. I was 10 yrs old when a girl called me a nigger. It was painful, but I dealt with it. Do you think that if Matthew Shephard didn't come out that he would still be alive? I don't have to let my mom know that I like girls, but I can't tell someone that I'm not black.

The victim is not at fault, but sometimes playing that part is essential to survival. And those who play the part of the bully do need to check themselves, though. Muthafuckas have to stop putting down others to compensate for their small penises. It's never okay to judge a man by his race, even if he tries to change it. People do whatever they have to do to get acceptance....jeopardize their futures, ruin others' lives and many other things. Sometimes it's not about beind who YOU are, but who others BELIEVE you are.

I agree that we need to progress, but we still judge people for stupid shit. In this world, if i chew with my mouth open or speak with a lisp, I could get teased all four years of high school. I WISH that some people were like you, but that's not the case. I don't know what kind of innocent, sugarcoated world you live in, but shit is brutal sometimes out here. C'est la vie.

~Dulce~