Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectjust a man...but heard by many...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=22864&mesg_id=22876
22876, just a man...but heard by many...
Posted by mellow, Mon Jul-03-00 06:42 PM
I've read a few posts and articles on common, and yeah, the guy is a regular guy too. He's got his
weaknesses and strengths. BUT....that doesn't excuse him for words or deeds he says or does. I wasn't at the concert & don't know what exactly was said. But even on his tour posts, he stated that it wasn't cool what those 2 guys did. I'm not gonna lie, it bothers me to think that someone who talks alot about spirituality, reflection & social awareness would counter all of that by openly expressing his dislike for a particular group. I think he's got to learn verbal etiquette in his current position. Unfortunately as much of a regular guy he is at heart, he has a much broader audience that listen to every word he says. He's not in the southside of chicago poppin' shit with his boys.
I don't know common personally, but i only judge him on a musical level, whereby i feel he is a talented person in his field. but, in the end, it's not cool to point or pick out a group of people. His comments are very serious. He has to realize that there is no difference in pointing out or disliking someone because of sexual orientation than it is to dislike someone because of race or ethnicity. I'm not your pastor or spiritual advisor com, your a grown man and you'll have to answer for your actions if you want to or not. Your not that indie artist struggling to get noticed anymore. Your at level of higher exposure, which is the price you pay to want to do what u do for a living.
Peace to com & he's gotta reflect a bit..