Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectI DISAGREE
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=22829&mesg_id=22845
22845, I DISAGREE
Posted by guest, Thu Jul-13-00 04:22 AM
I disagree. First of all, cousin, One day sold about 200,000 - close to three. You cannot deny that his fan base and sales have climbed incrimentally w/ every album dropped. I mean relativity sucked as a label - everyone knows that. I'm saying that his fanbase has grown considerably - like the Roots. I mean look at Wu-tang for instance - 36 chambers did basically nothing in comparison to Wu-Tang Forever (sales wise) it got a rejuvination in sales after Wu-tang Forver went 4X platinum. Wouldn't you say that fanbases grow for artists as there longevity solidifies? Ok then what I'm sayin in that respect is that Common has made HIMSELF more accesable to the people through shows and word of mouth, etc. You think MCA is responsible for this turnaround in sales? I totaly disagree - thet're not doing anything for their other artists. And in comparison to the WHITE artists on MCA - well do I need to say more?