Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectMine....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=22786&mesg_id=22799
22799, Mine....
Posted by SankofaII, Thu Jul-06-00 05:13 AM
Plantation Lullabies:
Souls On Ice (Cause i SAW exactly what she was talking about when i was oberlin college onthe REGULAR! :))

Dred Loc (obvious reasoning. :))
Sweet Love
Shootin Up and Getting High
Step Into The Projects

Peace Beyond Passion
Free My Heart (DAYAM...sista was on point about suicide, wasn't she?)
Faggot (she really SPOKE tofolks on this one)
Mary Magdeleine (deep one)
Who Is He And What Is He To You? (cause i WENT through that situation WAY TOO MUCH during college)
Bittersweet Flower

BITTER: ALL OF THE SONGS (playing it right now as i type this)

soundtracks:
Soul Searching (higher learning) THAT was the "making love to" song that year..this is THE ONLY SONG of hers to date (save for faggot and who is he and what is he to you) that gets CRAZY AIRPLAY in ohio...EVEN NOW.

The Teaching (Money Talks soundtrack)

Isolation (hurricane soundtrack)

Let Me Have You (one of the BEST SONGS on the stella soundtrack. that and the caryn wheeler/soul II soul jawns..the rest of the cd SUCKED ASS, IMHO)

im looking FORWARD to the alternative negro travelogue february 2001 (her newest ish..supposed to be out then). it's FUNKED OUT this time around..moreso than the first two. :)

***all straight from a friend who works for her NYC street team. :)

Ryan

Check Out My New Signature, Fam:

"If you don't like me, I'll punch you
dead in the fucking face"
--Vin Diesel (THE FACE--MAY 2000)

"It is essential that non-gay black people recognize and respect the hardships, the difficulties black gay people experience, extending the love and understanding that is essential for the making of an authentic black community".
--bell hooks

"Homosexual persecution and condemnation has at its roots not only social ignorance, but a philosophically active anti-feminist dogma".
--Lorraine Hansberry

"Isn't it a shame? A black man invented the clock, and some black folks still don't know what time it is".
--Jewel McCabe"

"When a star shines, you get the light several million years later, and the star's probably dead by the time you get the light. I'd rather be the moon".
--Me'Shell Ndegeocello

"Being a healthy black gay adult is doubly hard, considering the propaganda to the contrary".
--Me'Shell Ndegeocello