Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectand now - a moment of zen
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=22226&mesg_id=22247
22247, and now - a moment of zen
Posted by bfnh, Thu May-25-00 04:16 AM
I will now take the time to tell Mr. Thought and the powers that be why "Grey Matters" is the most incredible concept since "Like Water 4 Chocolate" -- I will do so in the simplest of ways, and the most complex -- follow me at your peril...

1. (on the very simple definition side)
gray matter (gr mtr)
n.

-1. Brownish-gray nerve tissue, especially of the brain and spinal cord, composed of nerve cell bodies and their dendrites and some supportive tissue.
-2. Informal. Brains; intellect.

**now, we've got a rapper who has the ego-driven audacity to refer to himself as something as simple and profound as "Black Thought." The depth of a dismal "ly-bare-e" is black thought, the extremely erudite "buti'msayin'do" is black thought, doin' the damned electric slide and callin' country line dancing wack is black thought...kissin' white chicks in movies is black thought -- the sheer brassness of this man's balls needs a title that lends itself to a myriad of possibillities. something so simple as "train of thought" "thought process" "deep thoughts" or even the throwback classic of "black thought in the hour of chaos" must be deemed impossible for such a mission as a black thought solo jawn.

i'm sayin', if we took a jaunt, a cruise to australia if you will, no uncle tom rappers would even be able to understand the difference between your average nicole or billy. i ain't kiddin' man -- these pupils aren't versed in mic dialection, they don't deserve to be on the same platform as thought. (not a diss to those featured artists - i repeat not a diss)

blah. i'm tired already. my mind grows weary of explainin' my shit to y'all.

plain in simple - gray matters motherfucker - the intellect is the difference between the black thought and the white taught - the originated and the carbon copy, who really need to find themselves hobbies - black thought is currently undergoin some shit - he's taking care of grey matters...man, y'all just don't get it. do you?

i'm done.

gray matters - in stores when label_guy and the rest wreckin' eyes grey-ness.