Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Will D'angelo last or just be a Man of the moment?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=21856&mesg_id=21893
21893, RE: Will D'angelo last or just be a Man of the moment?
Posted by guest, Wed Aug-16-00 04:41 PM
I called in late to work just so I could buy the CD (Voodoo). I, too, do not go all out for musicians, but this was a must. I didn't get a chance to see "Untitled" until almost a month after I bought the album (cable is not a necessity). I listened to the album all night and went back that weekend and bought the tape just so I could listen to it in the car. Blew me away. The more I listen to his music, the more I get carried away. My love for D' has been soo contagious, my co-workers are now D'Angelo fans. I had to D'program them because of the video.

Brown Sugar was ground-breaking, but Voodoo is too funky for words. I still jam Brown Sugar, even when I go to my favorite billiard to whoop some ass (preferably Smooth). I am the reason they have Brown Sugar in the jukebox and now Voodoo.

Regardless if D' puts the clothes on, takes them off, gains weight, or gets smaller, I will continue to support him and his music. As for if I feel he will last, I could care less if the public keeps on accepting him. I followed Prince from the beginning and still do, I'll do the same with D'Angelo. True artists are hard to find. Artists who are true to their craft are even harder.